Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they still producing white with black interior plaids with old headlights?

No, just small existing inventory.

There seem to be some plaids with new headlights in the inventory. Probably you can try to see whether you can find one that matches your config.

Yep!

Has anyone gotten trade in values for their Plaids? Not sure if I want to spend $250 order fee just to get insulted by a low ball offer. And before someone says that I definitely WILL be disappointed, I’m not sure, Tesla offered way more than anyone else for my mom’s Lexus

It can go either way but given old lights probably disappointing. I’ve seen some people get embarrassingly lowballed with the S this year. There’s really no way to tell though tbh.

Sending off this thread with a photo of the lights on my new S I got today.

I’ll probably be looking at these forums less frequently but happy to send additional pics of anything people want or answer more questions before I head out!

Attachments

• 021F3570-498C-4570-BD70-BD3AFFC662A3.jpeg
    021F3570-498C-4570-BD70-BD3AFFC662A3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
Sending off this thread with a photo of the lights on my new S I got today.

I’ll probably be looking at these forums less frequently but happy to send additional pics of anything people want before I head out!
BRO CONGRATULATIONS! Gorgeous! Can you post pics on the main Model S Delivery thread as well? They are clamoring to see a red one!

Thanks! I’ll take more photos tomorrow and post them.

Also, wow these headlights are soooooo much better than the non-LED ones I had on my 3. Literally the best I’ve ever seen.
Awesome.

Btw, the 3 was always LED but now they are matrix LED similar to the S you just got. Good to hear they are even better than the original 3 lights as they were really good already.

I am not worried about the connector--it should be pretty trivial to make a short patch cable to covert between connectors in a non-destructive manner. The SW side is the current question. Hurdle 1 is you would need to get someone to enable the new lights in the car and hurdle 2 is to see if the change survives firmware upgrades.

I am not worried about the connector--it should be pretty trivial to make a short patch cable to covert between connectors in a non-destructive manner. The SW side is the current question. Hurdle 1 is you would need to get someone to enable the new lights in the car and hurdle 2 is to see if the change survives firmware upgrades.
I’m still going with 0.1% chance it is able to be retrofit.