Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. No one has mentioned that. In this picture I think his shadow is blocking part of the fog lamp on left.

I'd need someone with a Refresh 1.0 to compared. It looks like the Refresh 2.0 splits those fog lights into what looks like "two" parts. Could just be angles... I dunno. Anyone else?

1648239490674.png

Saw the new '22 refreshed taillights in person today at the SC. Not impressed. Looked like a slightly wider model 3 it was sitting next to. Not a good look to emulate the cheap model on the flagship car. Like my '22 pre-refresh better. Also had the new/original plaid logo badge on the trunk, also not a fan, it's corny.

The really funny thing about this comment is that making it look like the 3 is such a positive change. The headlight design now - projector + matrix LED is straight from the current 3/Y design. What's wrong with having some of the best lights? Heck, the biggest mistake Tesla has made for years is having the WORST lights on their most EXPENSIVE cars, and the BEST lights on their CHEAPEST cars! Now they're finally good, we're complaining? Oy gevalt...

Reactions: mikemi and Ohmster
Still not a fan of the black bar on the rear. Especially with blue or red. white and MSM are ok. And black/black works best. New lights I saw in person and gorgeous :)

Its just than damn strip lol. It’s like they just didn’t figure out what to do with the rear trunk lid for now.

Still not a fan of the black bar on the rear. Especially with blue or red. white and MSM are ok. And black/black works best. New lights I saw in person and gorgeous :)

Its just than damn strip lol. It’s like they just didn’t figure out what to do with the rear trunk lid for now.
The design intent was probably to minimize impact to the line and parts. What they’ve done achieves that but may have missed out on the aesthetics.

That being said, I like it in general. Not sure why the lettering was removed other than perhaps to reduce number of parts. Always that a contrasting color would have been better considering it was a push through and not embossed.

Reactions: Destiny1701
I just got back from the service center and they had a new white Plaid. The rear tailights look way better to me and I think the headlights look better as well with the black housing inside the lights. I feel like the older lights do look like they are newer tech because you can’t see the projector lights like the new ones but I still like the newer ones.

Definitely not worth getting rid of my current car for those updates though.

Reactions: oktane
Anyone with the updated charge port - are you able to touch to open the charge port? Mine does not seem to open when I push on it.
I'm not sure that had ever been a thing. If is is, then I learned something today.

What will work for sure is to hold the charging wand connecter from your wall charger or a supercharger near the charge port door and push the little button on the charging wand, that will open the door.