TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Early Access Program Dead?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Wingsy, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Wingsy

Wingsy Member

Does anyone know if the early access program has been canned or will it be continued?

2. wtwieder

wtwieder Member

Elon recently stated that the FSD would be rolled out to EAP participants towards the end of the year. So I guess that means it isn't dead, but perhaps those participants without the HW3. 0. hardware will be excluded. Or, perhaps, those people in EAP, who purchased FSD, but don't have 3.0, will be given an earlier opportunity to upgrade to 3.0.

• Love x 1
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

No.

The program is still in beta so there's no chance to shut down the Early Access Program.

However, the ADDITIONAL March First, 2019 newly promised Early Access Program (not the original one) might be dead for the past 8 months waiting to be born:

upload_2019-11-1_10-38-37.png

4. stonelance

stonelance Member

My understanding is EAP has "phases" that target specific sets of upcoming features, and phases can start and end, but the overall EAP program continues. I'm not clear to me if everyone in EAP automatically goes from one phase to the next, or if they selectively pick people in the EAP for specific phases, so you wouldn't be guaranteed to participate in every phase.