Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program - gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get me wrong though: I absolutely LOVE my Model 3. I love everything about it. I never want it to drive for me. Even if it could, why would anyone want to give up what it feels like to drive this car? They'd have to pay me to have FSD.

The Early Access Program is not a benefit. It's being an unpaid beta tester with software that can potentially damage your car. You have not been swindled out of anything. It's like being a bug tester for a video game or something.

No other automaker has owners who are angry that they don't get access to software that isn't confirmed to be working correctly.

That's all well and good, but Tesla specifically said they would give a subset of owners entry to Early Access and they have not done so.

Regardless of your personal feeling towards the program, there are some of us who would still love to participate.

Just take Tesla to small claims court, wait for them not to reply. Get a judgment and enforce it. The company is so inept as it is I doubt they would even show up.

Given there's no monetary damage to "not being in the early access program" I'm unsure what remedy the small claims court could really provide for you, especially if it's a court outside of California where Tesla is operated from.

Reactions: untilcomplete
And man, unless people have money to waste why would anyone get FSD?

Because I wanted the features that are already in the FSD package... autopark, smart summon, NoA and most of all auto-lane-change on AP. That alone is worth the price of admission. Everything else in FSD is, for me, a bonus.

We all drive differently, in different situations, with different patterns. Those features suit my needs. They may not suit yours, and that's fine... but it doesn't make the whole thing worthless.

Run the Joules is so miserable about his Tesla experience that he's going to......be one of the first people to buy a Y!
LMAO you can't make this up.

Love the car (other than the seats). I just don't like Tesla as a company. Big difference.

I'm not going to be first in line for a Y, and I will never ever ever give Tesla money for an unreleased product again. I'll wait until I can buy one on sale during one of Tesla's end of quarter sales that they claim don't happen, but obviously do.

Hopefully by then they've added better seats.

Reactions: MattUNI
Because I wanted the features that are already in the FSD package... autopark, smart summon, NoA and most of all auto-lane-change on AP. That alone is worth the price of admission. Everything else in FSD is, for me, a bonus.

We all drive differently, in different situations, with different patterns. Those features suit my needs. They may not suit yours, and that's fine... but it doesn't make the whole thing worthless.

You NEED auto lane-change on AP? Why? The salesman showed that feature off to me on my test drive and I said "that's it?" When in God's name is that necessary? Is it so you can text and drive? I don't get it.
NONE of the FSD features are worth anything. If people need autopark and Smart Summon I suggest hopping into my daughter's drivers ed class right now.

There is so much vitriol for Tesla. There is no way the government is going to sign off on the full potential of FSD for a long time.
Send me a thousand dollars and I'll hold the money for 5 years. I'll pay up to $10k per person if the full potential of FSD is realized. $7k is reckless gambling. Go place a bet on Russian Roulette or the lottery and you have better odds of a ROI.

• Disagree
Reactions: MattUNI and Matsayz
You NEED auto lane-change on AP? Why? The salesman showed that feature off to me on my test drive and I said "that's it?" When in God's name is that necessary? Is it so you can text and drive? I don't get it.
NONE of the FSD features are worth anything. If people need autopark and Smart Summon I suggest hopping into my daughter's drivers ed class right now.

Not once did I say I NEED it. Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said it was necessary, and, thank you very much, I put my phone on the charging pad and close the cover. No texting and driving here. Hands on the wheel at all times - read the forum and you’ll see I’m one of the biggest proponents of that, when on autopilot.

But here’s the thing: I like the auto lane changes. It brings me joy. I smile when using it. Same when my car comes to me like a dog, or when it parks itself.

I do my best to find pleasure in small things. It’s what keeps life interesting.

If you want to walk around grumpy all day and <sugar> all over everything that’s not perfect, that’s your prerogative. All good - that’s your choice.

Me, I’ll just be here laughing and keeping myself amused.

PS - my driving skills are just fine, but thanks for offering the refresher. I’m sure we can all use a defensive driving course now and again.

There is so much vitriol for Tesla. There is no way the government is going to sign off on the full potential of FSD for a long time.

So the first thing there's not "the government" there's "lots of different governments" both federal and state in the US, and varied around the world.

But FWIW at the US state level several already have signed off on it.

If you have a car that can obey all laws same as a human driver, it's legal to have it drive itself in those states. Right now. Today.

Reactions: Joshan
I don't see anyone taking my bet yet, no?
Elon will not have full FSD use within 5 years. It's that simple.
Several states have signed off on this concept? You may be correct, but it doesn't mean it will happen. Can you provide sources for that? I like to think I'm pretty educated on this stuff but there's always something new to learn.

Don't get me wrong though: I absolutely LOVE my Model 3. I love everything about it. I never want it to drive for me. Even if it could, why would anyone want to give up what it feels like to drive this car? They'd have to pay me to have FSD.

Surprisingly, people want different things in life.

Driving in traffic is basically hell, as far as I’m concerned. So are bad roads, speed limits, cops enforcing stupid things, etc.

I still like the IDEA of driving, and certain moments of it, but in reality it’s awful. If I never HAD to drive again for the rest of my life, but COULD if I wanted to, I would be thrilled.

but most of the time I spend in my car is commuting and there are a lot of better things I could be doing with my time than driving during it: I could be reading. I could be sleeping. I could be actually working. So on, so forth.

will we get to that point soon? Hell no. But every autonomy feature they add on the way to make me have to do less is potentially saving lives. Not from crashes, but from me losing my mind and just starting to kill people.

• Funny
Reactions: brianman and Runt8
Surprisingly, people want different things in life.

Driving in traffic is basically hell, as far as I’m concerned. So are bad roads, speed limits, cops enforcing stupid things, etc.

I still like the IDEA of driving, and certain moments of it, but in reality it’s awful. If I never HAD to drive again for the rest of my life, but COULD if I wanted to, I would be thrilled.

but most of the time I spend in my car is commuting and there are a lot of better things I could be doing with my time than driving during it: I could be reading. I could be sleeping. I could be actually working. So on, so forth.

will we get to that point soon? Hell no. But every autonomy feature they add on the way to make me have to do less is potentially saving lives. Not from crashes, but from me losing my mind and just starting to kill people.

Ok those are all great points lol. Well said!

I totally understand taking joy in the small things in life. FSD is very small right now, but it has a big sticker price. For what it offers now it should hardly be a line item.

What else is purchased in the world for thousands of dollars on the premise that you may be able to use it someday? It's an absurd concept. But oh, according to Elon not only is FSD not operational now, but you better pony up today because the price is going up!