Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program (overflow from 2018.39 4a3910f thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note (bmah): The first 64-ish posts in this thread were moved from the 2018.39 discussion thread.

Sooo..uh... while sitting here Impatiently for v9, I think I got something “better”... got a invitation email from Tesla that starts out with “you’re invited to participate in the Tesla Early Access Program” :D :O whow

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! The rest of the email goes blah blah confidential blah blah blah... translate that to English, early access to top secret stuff!!

I have no idea why or how I just got chosen

Have you had any communication with Tesla since purchasing your car, like filling out surveys, submitting bug reports, etc? No idea if that makes any difference just wondering if that could be a factor or if it's plain ole luck. Either way that's great news, I hope you enjoy it!!

Way cool! If you figure out how you got in, share!
Only think I can think of is that I’m a heavy driver and would make a good candidate?.. just hit my one year anniversary with my Model S yesterday and crossed over 31kmiles in year one... other then that, I literally didn’t do anything special to get in? Could be by luck of the draw... that’s it, I won the Tesla lotto!!

Side note, if I’m a beta taster now, I wonder if they will push FSD updates to me (when the time comes) when i only have EAP?

Sooo..uh... while sitting here Impatiently for v9, I think I got something “better”... got a invitation email from Tesla that starts out with “you’re invited to participate in the Tesla Early Access Program” :D :O whow
Wow I wasn't sure whether to like or dislike this post... But by all means, pass it over here if you're not interested :p

Only think I can think of is that I’m a heavy driver and would make a good candidate?.. just hit my one year anniversary with my Model S yesterday and crossed over 31kmiles in year one... other then that, I literally didn’t do anything special to get in? Could be by luck of the draw... that’s it, I won the Tesla lotto!!

Side note, if I’m a beta taster now, I wonder if they will push FSD updates to me (when the time comes) when i only have EAP?

But will you be allowed to share the news with us?

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Have you had any communication with Tesla since purchasing your car, like filling out surveys, submitting bug reports, etc? No idea if that makes any difference just wondering if that could be a factor or if it's plain ole luck. Either way that's great news, I hope you enjoy it!!
Not really. Just two service appointments for minor work since delivery a year ago. Uhhh.. the next closest thing would be I did volunteer work Sunday for Tesla.

Thanks! The rest of the email goes blah blah confidential blah blah blah... translate that to English, early access to top secret stuff!!

I have no idea why or how I just got chosen

But, then you broke the first rule of it. You're not supposed to tell anyone that you're part of it.

You were probably selected because there are few places on the planet with roads, and construction as bad as Tacoma. It's pretty much perpetually under construction with constant changes.

I’d assume they would! Good luck!

Hopefully they’re expanding the program! But yeah probably got lucky, u should go buy a lotto ticket. I have an X, a P3, Tesla solar, powerwall 2 and also 30-40k miles per year typically so maybe I’ll get in one day too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯