Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program (overflow from 2018.39 4a3910f thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you not seen the latest posts from folks saying they got the invite?

They are literally violating the NDA on day one.
I’m no NDA expert but if they are talking about receiving the email before they actually agreed to the NDA they would not be breaking it. It’s actually interesting and a good sign they are increasing their pool of “testers” for their software releases.

Nothing to break if they have not yet agreed.

It's not an NDA until after you agree.
Tesla can rescind the offer to those who mentioned their invite, but that is not a violation of anything.

I’m no NDA expert but if they are talking about receiving the email before they actually agreed to the NDA they would not be breaking it. It’s actually interesting and a good sign they are increasing their pool of “testers” for their software releases.

Nothing to break if they have not yet agreed.

Technically you are both correct. Im going on the assumption that most folks will accept. But regardless, it still sets a tone that Tesla is trying to avoid and keep confidential. It stinks because those of us that actually understand the point of the NDA and want to help, cant because folks dont understand that even posting they got an invite should not be mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: brkaus and mongo
Didn't we all agree to not share any info on the early access builds?

Before signing up, please review the following program rules:

• You must agree to keep your experiences in the program confidential.
  • You may not share any information about this program with the public-e.g. posting on any forums, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
  • You may not use any third party apps that access data from your vehicle-e.g. TeslaFi, ev-fw.com, etc.

Technically you are both correct. Im going on the assumption that most folks will accept. But regardless, it still sets a tone that Tesla is trying to avoid and keep confidential. It stinks because those of us that actually understand the point of the NDA and want to help, cant because folks dont understand that even posting they got an invite should not be mentioned.

Tesla is probably hoping for some "leaks" as they take the next few months to iron out the "corner cases" for V9.0 hoping we all forget about the September '18 tweeted date for V9.0 LOL LOL

• Funny
Reactions: SpudLime
Have you not seen the latest posts from folks saying they got the invite?

They are literally violating the NDA on day one.

That's a pretty big assumption. Does the EAP NDA have a "fight club" rule that says you can't even publicly divulge that you're a member? I kinda doubt it, but neither you or I know for sure.

Plus there's the already discussed matter of "violating" an NDA you haven't agreed to. Talking about someone inviting you to sign an NDA doesn't violate said NDA.

That's a pretty big assumption. Does the EAP NDA have a "fight club" rule that says you can't even publicly divulge that you're a member? I kinda doubt it, but neither you or I know for sure.

Plus there's the already discussed matter of "violating" an NDA you haven't agreed to. Talking about someone inviting you to sign an NDA doesn't violate said NDA.

Not everyone's common sense is the same I suppose. Working IC and dealing with NDA's all the time gives me a different perspective. But I digress, too far off topic we have gone.

Reactions: brkaus and mongo
Not everyone's common sense is the same I suppose. Working IC and dealing with NDA's all the time gives me a different perspective. But I digress, too far off topic we have gone.

The EAP one doesn't seem fairly hardcore. I've once signed an NDA at my day job where it stated in bold "FINANCIAL RESTITUTION WILL NOT BE DEEMED ADEQUATE" in the case of violating it. Not sure what they would've wanted blood of my first born or something else, but I wasn't daring to find out.

• Funny
Reactions: SpudLime
Not if they post here and then sign the NDA afterwards. NDA's generally aren't retroactive.

I am involved in many NDAs at work. And yes, until you sign the NDA you are not liable, however, if we had any vendor that would discuss anything the NDA would cover prior to signing would automatically have the relationship terminated.

I can see Tesla pulling the invite to anyone taking about it (although I don't think they are going to go to the effort to linking usernames to cars/owners).

• Love
Reactions: brkaus and SpudLime