Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program (overflow from 2018.39 4a3910f thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The EAP one doesn't seem fairly hardcore. I've once signed an NDA at my day job where it stated in bold "FINANCIAL RESTITUTION WILL NOT BE DEEMED ADEQUATE" in the case of violating it. Not sure what they would've wanted blood of my first born or something else, but I wasn't daring to find out.

Its requisite language to get injunctive or other equitable relief (just ask Sterling Anderson!). NDAs, are, rarely enforceable for disclosures that do not reveal sensitive commercial information or other trade secrets. Just saying you're part of the program would not violate an NDA because none of that is really a trade secret or otherwise protected information (i.e. know how etc.).

But, then you broke the first rule of it. You're not supposed to tell anyone that you're part of it.

You were probably selected because there are few places on the planet with roads, and construction as bad as Tacoma. It's pretty much perpetually under construction with constant changes.

The first rule of The Fight Club is,,You Do Not Talk About Fight Club..

Model X 100 D owner and recently 3 weeks ago bought Model 3 dual motor, white, premium.
Received invitation to early access program. Not sure what criteria they looked at. May be they looked at the use of car. Have 20000 miles in the first year of model x and in the first 3 weeks of model 3, already 2000 miles.

It's not an NDA until after you agree.
Tesla can rescind the offer to those who mentioned their invite, but that is not a violation of anything.

But, it was obvious to anyone that he was going to agree. :)

What's going to be funny is how many PM's he'll get once there is an early access release people are excited by.

I made sure to keep a note of his username just in case.

Reactions: Mobster and mongo
Is there any "expert" out there that can verify absolutely that my 32.4 .........does or does not require 36.x before installing V9?

Per TeslaFi, there was one car on Sunday (S100D) that went from 34.1 to 39.3 so definitely has been done. All the other cars have gone from 36.2, however, theory is they are likely on the early access program so they would get every iteration.

I think people are seeing and increasing number of new folks on the Early Access Program because they encounter problems releasing v9. I can imagine the situation as follows:
- Eng: "We had to stop the rollout because we found a problem with the configuration XYZ"
- Elon: "Why don't we have that configuration in our Early Access Program?"
- Eng: "..."
- Elon: "Why don't we have all the possible configurations at least twice in our Early Access Program?"

Or maybe wasn't Elon and was some Engineering / Product manager. I personally hope this is what they are doing, that way they can do faster rollouts once it clears the testing phase.

What brings you to the conclusion that it’s not public release? If you are under the EAProgram, you can’t be connected to teslifi and /or other 3rd party apps.
I do not think you mean "can't be connected". Maybe you mean "shouldn't be connected". Maybe some of the EAProgram people do not know how or even think about removing their car from TeslaFI.

ALSO, as far as I know the has not been 1 confirmed person say they got v9 other then EAProgram and rooted cars. Please let me know if you know of one "confirmed". I have read that some say they do but then check and no they don't.

What brings you to the conclusion that it’s not public release? If you are under the EAProgram, you can’t be connected to teslifi and /or other 3rd party apps.

There are several rules about the early access program, most notably, not to discuss being on the program and not being connected to 3rd party apps. Over the last few days, there have been several threads pop up about people being invited to join the program, two things can be easily ascertained: 1) Tesla has sent out batches of invites to people to join the program; and 2) people can't follow directions.

Based on the small batch over a short period of 39.4 release, it is pretty clear that it was to people in the program and not general release. (It is also safe to assume, that they will get booted from the program soon).

Also, if 39.4 was general release, people wouldn't be getting updated to 36.2 anymore.

Curious: If they get booted does that mean we should see cars going from 39.4 back to 36.2? Is that possible? Also, if they wise up and stop logging on TeslaFi will we see the number drop because the cars are not longer "active". Not sure what TeslaFi does with stats on cars that are not longer active logging on their system. Or maybe they are still active because they still have an account but not logging. Again, just curious. I am a member of TeslaFi.

I am also on TeslaFi. I was off for a while - they keep your data for one year, however, the car no longer showed up under contributing vehicles (the software version no longer updates once you remove your token).

As far as the early access program, as @SpudLime said, I doubt they will downgrade them (also, Tesla stills needs the testing). Tesla will either give them a warning to get off of TeslaFi or just boot them from the program so they will not get further early releases to future updates.

Reactions: NewTMSMan