Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an email last night inviting me to join the early access program. Felt excited about it but now having second thoughts. I am afraid I get pushed updates that will cause problems since it will be beta. Any thoughts?

Reactions: DanCar
I also got an invite to Early Access Program. However, one of the conditions is not to use any third party apps that access data from your vehicle-e.g. TeslaFi, ev-fw.com, etc. I am using TeslaFi. So, I guess it is no go to me. :(

Reactions: DanCar
That is always a risk! My guess would be that the core features are relatively stable, and the autopilot would be the part that is less stable. If this concerns you, then wait for a more stable release a few weeks (?) down the road.

Again. Seriously. All over this forum. The invite specifically says to not post to the forums. What do folks do? Post to the forum. Its no wonder some of us cant ask to be in the program when those invited dont even follow the request.

Yes, the NDA hasnt been signed, so this may not count. But uh.. so what? ITs still the point.

Thanks for again ruining it for folks who actually know what the POINT OF AN NDA is and could actually participate under the request of Tesla.

Again. Seriously. All over this forum. The invite specifically says to not post to the forums. What do folks do? Post to the forum. Its no wonder some of us cant ask to be in the program when those invited dont even follow the request.

Yes, the NDA hasnt been signed, so this may not count. But uh.. so what? ITs still the point.

Thanks for again ruining it for folks who actually know what the POINT OF AN NDA is and could actually participate under the request of Tesla.
true this...here's me wanting an opportunity though.

my attorney's have instructed me not to write certain things on here because why? Tesla scans these forums for the very reason to catch you out on something that could seriously derail a lawsuit.

nuff said

I don't think asking for an opinion about the program equals to sharing information. I don't have any information to share as I have not even accepted the invite. Lol... Calm down dude...

I don't think asking for an opinion about the program equals to sharing information. I don't have any information to share as I have not even accepted the invite. Lol... Calm down dude...
This reply is really for everyone saying 'no big deal'. You're right, it isn't. No one is saying you can't tell the world you've been invited. :)

It is also within Tesla's right to decide that someone is a little too eager to share info & rescind the invite. That has happened, not just a theoretical opinion. So I see the posts suggesting this info not be shared as fellow forum members trying to give people a heads up. A nice thing for them to do.

Are there any TEAP users that are NOT in the US? I'm thinking that since that Drive on Nav for Autopilot is limited to the US at the moment that there's a good chance that anyone outside of the US is not going to get an invite, which is a shame.

Received an email last night inviting me to join the early access program. Felt excited about it but now having second thoughts. I am afraid I get pushed updates that will cause problems since it will be beta. Any thoughts?

I think the concern over beta software is valid. Out of curiosity, does early access mean that early release software updates are definite? What about basic logging of data and videos? I saw somewhere that one volunteers to be monitored - location, video, unknown vehicle information. I don't hear too much concern about.

Question, a friend of mine got the invite on Oct 2nd, and accepted it. After that he never received any emails, or even how to send feedback on features. It seems also he's not getting early software updates. he's sent emails to the eap group, and got zero responses. Any experiences like this?

Reactions: Meagain
Assuming Tesla requires early access program participants to agree to terms that prevents them from talking about the software versions they are testing or that they are even in the early access program, if Tesla doesn't provide notification that the program has ended, those owners would still be covered under the early access program restrictions, and could possibly still receive new pre-release updates.

Rather than restricting pre-release testing, based on the appearance of obvious bugs & design flaws in Tesla's major software releases, they should offer a more open beta program (something Musk claimed they would do several years ago), especially since there is always at least one person that leaks what they are seeing during the closed testing - and instead with an open beta - get more people to test the pre-release software and get the obvious issues fixed, before the software is distributed to everyone else.

Reactions: Anzir