Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Token for Solar Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm one referral away from getting it and If you or someone you know uses my referral code for a S or X purchase, I'm more than happy to give it away to help someone out who would actually use it. (inside the app it literally says you can give it to a friend if you don't use it, which is why I feel it's appropriate and okay for me to make this post). Send me a message!

I don't believe they exist. Worst referral award ever.
Seriously. I got 2 solar tokens due to the change in referral awards towards the end of September 2017. I tried to get them to let me swap one of them to a signature wall connector, but no luck. I guess maybe they assume all Tesla owners are rich enough to own at least 2 houses on which they can install a solar roof.

Seriously. I got 2 solar tokens due to the change in referral awards towards the end of September 2017. I tried to get them to let me swap one of them to a signature wall connector, but no luck. I guess maybe they assume all Tesla owners are rich enough to own at least 2 houses on which they can install a solar roof.
Did you receive a token or an email saying you have an award for one? I have been waiting for a year for the token. They have no value.

If anyone has a Solar Roof token that they will not be using, I would greatly appreciate it if I could get one. We will be building a new home and I'm worried the Solar Roof availability may delay the build. Since we just took delivery of our first Tesla, a model 3 LR, I don't think we'll make the required 3 referrals by September 16th! Let me know if you know of anyone not needing their Solar Roof Token. From the referral program - "If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend" - Thanks for your consideration!

Found it:
upload_2018-8-22_6-16-41.png

If anyone has a Solar Roof token that they will not be using, I would greatly appreciate it if I could get one. We will be building a new home and I'm worried the Solar Roof availability may delay the build. Since we just took delivery of our first Tesla, a model 3 LR, I don't think we'll make the required 3 referrals by September 16th! Let me know if you know of anyone not needing their Solar Roof Token. From the referral program - "If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend" - Thanks for your consideration!
Is this token for Solar roof or Solar panels on existing roof? I'm in SW Florida and need an array. Also have home in Maryland with 20 year old PV array that needs serious upgrade due to 3.2% efficiency (yes, 43 watt panels, 4ft by 26 inches, deteriorated)

Is this token for Solar roof or Solar panels on existing roof? I'm in SW Florida and need an array. Also have home in Maryland with 20 year old PV array that needs serious upgrade due to 3.2% efficiency (yes, 43 watt panels, 4ft by 26 inches, deteriorated)

The token is supposed to get you early access to purchase solar roof tiles from Tesla. The reality is that the token is vapor ware, and I feel bad for anyone who’s purchased one from someone else. I have an original reservation for the solar roof, plus a reservation with deposit, plus a solar roof token.

My latest conversation with Tesla went as follows: The details for the solar roof token are yet to be determined. As such, we cannot associate it with your reservation.