TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Early Adaptors Polls

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ModelXBoy, Apr 16, 2016.

?

How many times have your X entered Service Center and How long?

1. Never

41.5%
  2. 1 Time

36.6%
  3. 2 Times

9.8%
  4. 3 Times

9.8%
  5. 4 Times or more

2.4%
  6. 1 Day in SC

9.8%
  7. 2-7 Days in SC

17.1%
  8. 8- 14 Days in SC

22.0%
  9. 15-30 Days in SC

2.4%
  10. More than 30 Days in SC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

#1 ModelXBoy, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Alright people, time to have to poll on all early adaptors:

For any various issues of your Model X: How many times have your X entered Service Center? and How long have your X spent in SC in total?

Let's go...

2. ModelXBoy

I am bumping this thread so more people can select the pole

• Like x 1
  3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I guess this survey will get a bit skewed since all of us in the first 2700 units will have to report 1 visit at some point because of the seat recall, but so far I have no need to go there.

4. ModelXBoy

I would included in there also, the recall still counts as warranty repair day and counts toward "lemon law", with is the accumulative of 30 days of repairs in the first 18 month since the delivery of the car.

5. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Of course it should be "early adopters"...

6. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

How are 'Lemon Law' days counted?

If you bring your car in for a fix and they complete it while you are waiting, so in less than an hour, how does that count towards the 30 days? Another position would be that the overnights are counted...

Does anyone now how the process works?

7. ModelXBoy

Don't quote me on that, i think if you take in and out on that day. It counts as one day. Overnight and pick up the next day will consider two days. I don't think they track by hours, or min. But again, i am not sure.

8. proven

proven Member

Ours has been in twice--one was a quick fix and the other took a little more than a day to fix a few small issues. We love this car.

• Like x 1
  9. vjlvjl

vjlvjl Bluebird

#9 vjlvjl, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    It might be worthwhile to consider adding 2 more questions to the poll:
    1) What component of the car caused it to be taken to the SC (e.g. Falcon Wing Door, Passenger Door, Autopilot, etc)
    2) Was the repair completed satisfactorily the first time - Yes/No.

• Informative x 1
  10. ModelXBoy

11. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

My right side passenger door wasn't closing fully, so all they ended up doing was updating the car and they re-calibrated the door. Now the door seems to making a very faint clicking sound, but at least it works.

12. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

It was only in the service center for 1 day.

13. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

Three repair visits were able to be done in a day or two.

The passenger front door latch failure stopped use of Model X. That created a week of SC storage while waiting for the part.

14. tonyx

tonyx Member

VINs 461 and 469 - zero visits, all currently working perfectly. I'm a little over 600 miles on mine.

I did have to do one screen reset in the first week, and a window reset after tinting, but having access to these forums and those that posted how to do them allowed me to avoid going to the SC.

• Love x 1
  15. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

I had a window wiper unkinked. Not sure if I should count that, but it did take them about 30 seconds to fix. Then they spent 2 hours going over the entire car and only reported a cable loose on the middle row passenger seat which they fixed, but the seats all worked for me.

16. Waldek

Waldek Member

it lacks ability to answer "service took care on the spot". I had ti visit service twice. Once for not working turn signal repeater that is in the Tesla logo light on the side of the car - turned out it was not connected and service took care of on the spot. I was in the service totally maybe 30 minutes in Torrance, CA.... second one my Falcon Wing Doors were showing like they are slightly open on the screen while it was closed in fact. No reaction to pressing screen buttons to open and close (they were all shown on the screen at the same time - so weird, for one side only) - even when pressed and hold... same inside button no reaction to pressing it (or pressing and holding) - same with outside handle... computer reboot (both scrolls) did not help either. Went to service to Costa Mesa and they reset door sensors manualy (opened compartment behind tablet) and then opened doors manually by pulling the cable behind speaker. After this recalibration of the doors - I was so amazed. Doors actually can open much higher than they open from screen or remote... calibration opens them about 2 feet higher... and this pose looks so much better. I wish I knew they will open like this I would have my camera ready to take a picture!!! They should add such open mode for us to use from the screen. The wing gets so much higher and car looks even more amazing! Guys, if they will be doing recalibration of your falcon doors be ready to take picture!! :) but yeah! this visit was also about 30-45 minutes long. They took care of it on the spot.

17. ModelXBoy