Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Adopters - Let's Help Tesla and Each Other. Let's have group delivery parties!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Tyson's Corner store is apparently supposed to open around the end of this month - it's supposed to be located in the Tyson's I Mall next to the Microsoft store (I haven't been by to verify yet).

Re: taxes, I'd suspect you have to pay applicable taxes in whatever state your car is first registered vs. where you take delivery, but I'm a bit fuzzy on that; has anyone else taken delivery in a state other than their own, outside of factory deliveries?

The new Tyson's Corner store is apparently supposed to open around the end of this month - it's supposed to be located in the Tyson's I Mall next to the Microsoft store (I haven't been by to verify yet).

Re: taxes, I'd suspect you have to pay applicable taxes in whatever state your car is first registered vs. where you take delivery, but I'm a bit fuzzy on that; has anyone else taken delivery in a state other than their own, outside of factory deliveries?

I live in Florida, bought a car from a dealer in NC, and they had me pay my local rate and they submitted the taxes back to my county in Florida.

Why don't you propose it for just Seattle (or Bellevue). You have already received a number of positive responses from people in Washington State, so see if you can make it work there. I think the first thing you'd want to know is the reservation sequence number. If we are close, it is plausible that our cars would come around the same time.

This is cool! Everyone is positive. Let me be negative for about 10 seconds. Dont forget that the DS experience is one of a kind. One on one is quite special. I worry about having a bunch of avids hanging over the poor people during the delivery shouting out points missed by the DS. Of course thats not what you meant. But the DS's have jobs, let them do it, and let the owners revel in it.

But to the degree its really helpful, I can drive someone, come to my place in VA so the taxes are correct, or camp in the tysons parking lot, I'll buy some pizzas, etc and let it be. After all the people have had their deliveries then we can swarm and party. Do you see what I mean? Road rally? Help them drive their poor ICE back home? Whatever it takes.

And if this is real, go for a record of most Model S deliveries at a single point in the space-time continuum, the biggest party. (there's a thread about firsts and records somewhere.) Respectfully.

Are you privy to what those updates are?

I'm referring to those things Tesla already publically promised, like wifi capability, or the redesigned rear-facing seats, and particularly software updates like enabling custom timers for charging. I believe there is a thread dedicated to these items somewhere...

Last edited: