Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early delivery of Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a lease Model Y dual motor LR for delivery April 2023 when my existing lease ends. Tesla texted me a few days ago to tell me it was ready for collection. The lease company told me "they do this sometimes!!". I believe Tesla might be off loading 2022 stock to the lease Co. I would really appreciate your views as I am not particularly in a rush.

I had similar. Ordered mine with a quoted lead time of 24 weeks from leasing agency (Leaseplan). Got text 4 days after my RN was confirmed offering collection the following Tuesday!

I declined as just not ready - don’t have EV charger yet and in middle of getting driveway redone. Requested allocation. Around end Jan / early Feb.

Only downside is I probably missed out on a model with USS!

I'm not sure what's meant by 'unloading 2022 stock'. We're in a delivery window so Tesla will be fulfilling orders based on specification and order date, like they always do. It sounds like your lease companies estimate was wrong. If you don't want it now then I'm sure that's no big deal for your lease company to push off the delivery until March.

April is a weird estimate, cars typically come every 3 months, Dec, Mar, Jun, Sept.

I'm not sure what's meant by 'unloading 2022 stock'. We're in a delivery window so Tesla will be fulfilling orders based on specification and order date, like they always do. It sounds like your lease companies estimate was wrong. If you don't want it now then I'm sure that's no big deal for your lease company to push off the delivery until March.

April is a weird estimate, cars typically come every 3 months, Dec, Mar, Jun, Sept.
April was my requested date. Initial esimate was mid March. I will almost certainly be putting it off but I was looking for any potential design changes to look out for as evidence that this was 2022 model year stock.

April was my requested date. Initial esimate was mid March. I will almost certainly be putting it off but I was looking for any potential design changes to look out for as evidence that this was 2022 model year stock.
Whenever you buy you are likely to get the latest, and it will inevitably be missing something new within 6 months. I would buy when it makes financial sense for you. There isn't really a model year with Tesla, they change constantly. There are at least 4 variants through 2022 (with radar, without radar, without USS, newer cameras).

Reactions: Cnixon
Thanks. I don't think I am too bothered about the uss but it is so hard to figure out where the spec. is up to! Financially this lease is significantly higher cost for a LR MY than my P M3.

Lease costs have gone up massively in the last year or so. It was one of the deciding factors in me going for a Tesla loan rather than go into another lease agreement.