Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Delivery then Delayed Delivery and now TBA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got something to share with everyone. I ordered MY on July 7th with a delivery date for July 27th. Last week I get a call saying that the car arrived early and is ready for immediate delivery the next day, July 23rd. Awesome right? It didn't just end there. The morning of, I get a text from the Delivery Team leader saying that the car never arrived and that I should not come in to take Delivery and wait for them to call me around noon. 5pm rolls around and still no call. I had to call them myself to find out what is going on.

They told me that the delivery truck is stuck in Birmingham and either needs a fix or another truck to come pick up the 8 cars that are on it. So they pushed my Delivery date until the 28th. Today, I got another update, my delivery date is now pushed back to who knows when but they put 30th just to make me feel better. Oh Joy..... Tesla is just teasing me at this point.

Oh so my Tesla story.. originally put an order on June 25th... due to a computer glitch, they couldn't find my order (even though they charged my credit card day 1) and my "official order date" was July 3rd... then July 4th... On July 11th, I get a VIN number 10xxx and call the delivery center to ask the build date, which they replied "Mid May". Obviously this was a reject because of the 2nd quarter push on June 30th, so I told them to put me back in the que. A week later, I received another VIN number 26xxx and was asked for payment, which I paid cash via money order on the same day. A few days later, I was texted the delivery date from Jul 26-28 and asked for a confirmation, which I chose Tues Jul 28. On Thursday July 23 I received a text that the car was ready for pickup on Saturday July 25... unfortunately, there was NO WAY for me to pick up the car until tomorrow. So, they decided to reassign my car (after they have 100% of the funds) because they couldn't let it sit in the lot an extra day...

Oh so my Tesla story.. originally put an order on June 25th... due to a computer glitch, they couldn't find my order (even though they charged my credit card day 1) and my "official order date" was July 3rd... then July 4th... On July 11th, I get a VIN number 10xxx and call the delivery center to ask the build date, which they replied "Mid May". Obviously this was a reject because of the 2nd quarter push on June 30th, so I told them to put me back in the que. A week later, I received another VIN number 26xxx and was asked for payment, which I paid cash via money order on the same day. A few days later, I was texted the delivery date from Jul 26-28 and asked for a confirmation, which I chose Tues Jul 28. On Thursday July 23 I received a text that the car was ready for pickup on Saturday July 25... unfortunately, there was NO WAY for me to pick up the car until tomorrow. So, they decided to reassign my car (after they have 100% of the funds) because they couldn't let it sit in the lot an extra day...
That is absurd.