Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early dinner, Feb 9th (pre-Model X Event)

RSVP for dinner @ The Cheesecake Factory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think 'Leonard' is a roadster owner, 'don't-cha know'...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxcSu4jQ9zLwjlQpgKHNsO3GrtprmGab4yKToNcemetQy4n9TDl6MPuOzC.jpg

jg-sad10.jpg

TEG that first pic is TAG.

I like Cheesecake Factory as well but that's also a chain I can get anywhere and would be an expensive taxi ride. Should be look at either something closer and/or more unique to California? If people are set on going to Cheesecake factory, that's fine too.

The problem is that most fine dining establishments are closed for prep until 5:30. Check out opentable.org for Marina del Rey. Everything over 4 stars is unavailable for a party of 8 (or whatever size our group grows to be.)

Restaurant Reservation Availability

I even checked with the 96th Street Bistro in the hotel where we plan to stay, the airport Marriott, and there's no availability between 1:30 and 5:30.

Additionally, JW's Steakhouse at the Renaissance doesn't open until 6 either.

Last edited:
I'm good with earlier. I'll change the start time to be 'between 4 & 5' . If someone wants another restaurant, just propose it. There IS an In and Out Burger right next to LAX, but the menu is slightly limited :). Cheesecake Factory should meet everyone's food needs. You're right, it's not uniquely California - but the Tesla event will be.

I'm good with earlier. I'll change the start time to be 'between 4 & 5' . If someone wants another restaurant, just propose it. There IS an In and Out Burger right next to LAX, but the menu is slightly limited :). Cheesecake Factory should meet everyone's food needs. You're right, it's not uniquely California - but the Tesla event will be.
Good point. Cheesecake Factory is fine. Thanks for setting this up.
Is anyone else staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Hawthorne? I can share a cab to dinner.

Need a ride?

Good point. Cheesecake Factory is fine. Thanks for setting this up.
Is anyone else staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Hawthorne? I can share a cab to dinner.

If you can't get someone to share a cab ride, I will likely be going pretty much right by the Hotel. I have a really small car, I only have room for one other person, it needs to be washed, there is virtually no room for personal belongings, it sits really low, it is difficult to get into and even more difficult to get out of, but it is really fun to drive - if there is no traffic! :smile:

We can update travel needs early next week.

Hi Bonnie,

I know I said I would not be coming to your early dinner. would it be OK if I did......? a friend of mine was supposed to meet me in LA for the event but can't make it. I will arrive at LAX 1530 about so will be late but if that's OK I'll join you guys?!

best

felix b.