Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Model S RWD after market suspension options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having a cracked spring and having to pay a ridiculous amount for one Tesla corner I'm on the hunt for non tesla replacements.

So far there are these Tesla Model S (2011-2015) Shock Absorber Coil Spring Assembly Front Left or Right but they're out of stock for the next few months. Ditto the rears. Don't know anyone that has tried them

I have found the BC racing ones which list the RWD as suitable. But checking in the Model S section there is some doubt?? Don't know anyone that has tried those either.

Has anyone tried any of the above and are they OEM ride comfort equivalent. Every time I have had after market suspension it's always too firm compared to OEM so I'm wary of this route.

I'm currently trying to get after market springs made to at least get spare springs as the shocks seem fine even when the coil is in bits.

Bilstein were no help when I asked about shock re-furbing so if there is anyone that does know of somewhere that will do them that would be useful.

There's also the added complication that direct line don't really like modifications either. Seems like owners are being pushed into paying over the odds for Tesla OEM parts because insurers won't have after market which is stupid when the non OEM are about a third of the cost!