Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Production Models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doug, how do you know that is P4?

Is this just a change of leather or a different steering wheel? The Roadster's steering wheel, borrowed from the Elise, is noticeably small. I doubt that they changed the steering wheel though because that could involve changes in the airbad design. Besides, a small steering wheel is not necessarily a problem; it allows for a more sensitive wheel at the expense of low-speed effort (I think)

P10 & P12

I saw P10 and P12 at the Menlo Park store, waiting for their battery packs to be installed.

P10 is one of the blacks.
P12 is Electric Blue.

P10-P12.jpg

Doug, how do you know that is P4?

Is this just a change of leather or a different steering wheel? The Roadster's steering wheel, borrowed from the Elise, is noticeably small. I doubt that they changed the steering wheel though because that could involve changes in the airbad design. Besides, a small steering wheel is not necessarily a problem; it allows for a more sensitive wheel at the expense of low-speed effort (I think)
Sorry I'm just getting around to responding to this. How do I know it's P4? If you pay close attention to the cars, it's fairly obvious. Also at the time the photos were taken, there just weren't that many production cars around and this is the only one of that color scheme. Also I managed to talk to the owner, but that was after I posted the photos here.

As far as the steering wheel goes, I think they just stitched in new leather. But it's easy enough to pull a steering wheel and switch in another one. Not sure what you're talking about wrt airbag design. The Roadster steering wheel (including the airbag) is the same as in the Elise, only the badge is different.

Last edited:
I have a picture of the VIN #. Here's the last part: F00013.

Btw, what's the policy regarding posting VIN's online ? Is that a big no no ?

Legally, there are no issues. They are placed for obvious public viewing.

If you broke into a garage or were trespassing on private property to get the # that would be a different thing.

(We have a few lawyers on this forum. I am not one of them)