Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Quarter Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless something really big happens economically or personally we will be ordering a M3LR for delivery shortly after the New Year with a preference for early January, possibly adding a M3SR+ also.
From my research, it appears this could put us with a delivery into mid February-March depending on production/sales since Tesla likes to clear everything out at the end of the quarter.

Does anyone have any experience with this delivery timeframe early in a quarter in the US that can offer any guidance?
I know we can place the order and push off delivery, but hate to delay delivery and then have to wait into Feb/March.

Thanks!

You might get lucky and get an already build one immediately. I ordered at the end of SEP with the plan on taking deliver in DEC. Tesla assigned me a VIN within 72hrs. That was before any word of a refresh. I would contact Tesla to see what they have in inventory for immediate delivery.

Reactions: tstolze
Tesla only builds cars for North America during the second month of each quarter for delivery in the final month. So they will begin building 2021 Model 3’s next month and begin delivering them in North America in early December.

If they do not sell out by the end of the year you may be able to purchase left over inventory in January. If they sell out, you are looking at waiting until March.

• Helpful
Reactions: tstolze