Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early SR+ with Ingenext Bonus Module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early SR+ and ordered an Ingenext Bonus Module.

My SR+ has all 4 door pocket Leds and foot wells leds software disabled. Tesla hasn't offered me any app upgrade options.

Looking forward to having the full ambiance lighting. Bought some extra bright blue foot well replacement leds and some blue plastic lenses for all 4 door pocket leds.

It's been pretty dark inside my SR+ for over a year now :rolleyes:.

I would of been more accepting of the darkness if all the ambiance leds were missing and/or not wired up.

I'll give Tesla credit for letting me keep and enjoy my working Fog Lights.

I received the Bonus Module from Ingenext yesterday. Tried unsuccessfully to remove the Tesla grey connector with one hand. The install manual does recognize that this may not be easy and to keep trying. Yeah like I kept trying for 90 minutes. You have to pinch the release tab in the center of the connector and pull simultaneously. The working space is constrained and the angle of reach is very awkward and I have long arms but huge hands. I have to be able to do it with one hand which is a fail. There is a lot of other hardware and wiring all around in very close proximity limiting your movement up there.

I sent the company a request for a video clip of them doing it and waiting for a response.

Too complicated. Just buy this and install it

4PCS 48 LED Car Interior Atmosphere Neon Lights Strip Music Control + IR Remote | eBay

IYTNHci.jpg

Log6OoT.jpg

Well I finally had a chance to install it. Successfully this time. It was delayed due to a few service visits that I wanted to do without the Bonus Module installed. Now that it is installed it works as advertised at least for the options I am using now.

Ambient Lights yes. two front footwells and all 4 door pockets.
Rear heat seats yes. Right and left rear window controls work to control them. Right rear window switch controls both right and center heat.

I haven't tried the rest but so far the only negative would be to follow their suggestion to remove the device before a service visit. I REALLY don't want to have to remove and re-install as it is A MAJOR PIA to do so. I will have to leave it in and Tesla be damned.