Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor eas | Hansshow Power Frunk Sales & installation - Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tom @ eas

Global Vendor
Oct 11, 2021
Anaheim, CA
Listings
We are a direct supplier of Hansshow products, one of the more popular products is their Power Frunk Kits. I've been running one of they kits for a bit over a year and can say this is one of the best convienece mods available - operates like if it was offered by factory. Optional kick sensor for hands-free operation also available.

Hansshow Power Frunk kits allow your Model 3 frunk (or trunk) to open and close automatically. All installation is Plug and Play and 100% reversible at any time.

Hansshow Model 3 Power Frunk Kit

Hansshow Optional Kick Sensor

Order direct

Frunk and Trunk Kits are in stock ready to ship immediately or install at our 8000sq ft. facility in Anaheim, CA

Features
- Center console, key fob, Tesla app, and smartwatch can open and close Frunk or Trunk
- All plug & play for easy installation
- Special safety design
- Optional kick sensor
- 1 year warranty

Models Supported
Tesla Model 3, including Performance

Last edited:
Reactions: likkuid
I posted this in another thread.

I finally got replacement suction lock (latch assembly & motor) for my 2 yr old trunk unit.
Took a week to get an invoice from them to order part.
invoice came from: [email protected]
try WhatsApp +86 186 6462 5309
support # from their website: +86 130 4421 9654 (but his computer may be broken!)

Hi, will installing this affect and/or void any part of my Tesla warranty?
We get this type of question a lot on the BMW side.

In BMW's (and Tesla's) eyes, any non-authorized modification can void warranty. Whether or not a dealership acts upon this will depend on all sorts of variables, including the situation at hand. I've never seen a case in which Tesla has voided any warranty for this particular kit.

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem
Went to EAS today and knocked out a few things including installation of the Hansshow Frunk kit including kick sensor. First, the kick sensor that can be ordered with the Powered Frunk is NOT for the Frunk, but rather for the Trunk. Please don’t make the same mistake (and the wrong assumption) I did. Ended up installing both, but while the Frunk is working just fine, the rear kick sensor is a bit finicky and inconsistent, and I’ve yet to find consistency in its operation.

Regardless, EAS is an awesome shop, one of the few I’ve dealt with in recent years that I’ll be returning to with future work. I dealt with both Tom and Kevin and they’re both knowledgeable and took time to chat with me and showed me around even though they were super busy. Every customer I encountered today sounded like they’ve been coming for ages and were taken cared of as such. Great vibe.

In addition to the Frunk, I also replaced brake lines with stainless, changed to 19” wheels and Michelin A/S 4 tires. For those looking to change wheels and tires also, my wheels are 19x9”, with 255/45-19” tires. Now I can finally rest easier about curbing wheels, because there’s not plenty of protection. Here are some pictures.

Some afterthoughts… The ride is definitely more compliant now. I can definitely feel the difference in the pickup and braking with the much lighter 19”s. Now I just need to think about installing some coilovers and lower the car a bit.

Attachments

• 64CAAB2C-57D7-4A1F-BF9B-9EC1B5CAEB6F.jpeg
    64CAAB2C-57D7-4A1F-BF9B-9EC1B5CAEB6F.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DF1E285C-7460-4622-B171-625F5D207C6A.jpeg
    DF1E285C-7460-4622-B171-625F5D207C6A.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 34A4DBF7-8BBE-498F-BF8A-C12D31F4DB09.jpeg
    34A4DBF7-8BBE-498F-BF8A-C12D31F4DB09.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: tom @ eas
Went to EAS today and knocked out a few things including installation of the Hansshow Frunk kit including kick sensor. First, the kick sensor that can be ordered with the Powered Frunk is NOT for the Frunk, but rather for the Trunk. Please don’t make the same mistake (and the wrong assumption) I did. Ended up installing both, but while the Frunk is working just fine, the rear kick sensor is a bit finicky and inconsistent, and I’ve yet to find consistency in its operation.

Regardless, EAS is an awesome shop, one of the few I’ve dealt with in recent years that I’ll be returning to with future work. I dealt with both Tom and Kevin and they’re both knowledgeable and took time to chat with me and showed me around even though they were super busy. Every customer I encountered today sounded like they’ve been coming for ages and were taken cared of as such. Great vibe.

In addition to the Frunk, I also replaced brake lines with stainless, changed to 19” wheels and Michelin A/S 4 tires. For those looking to change wheels and tires also, my wheels are 19x9”, with 255/45-19” tires. Now I can finally rest easier about curbing wheels, because there’s not plenty of protection. Here are some pictures.

Some afterthoughts… The ride is definitely more compliant now. I can definitely feel the difference in the pickup and braking with the much lighter 19”s. Now I just need to think about installing some coilovers and lower the car a bit.
Good meeting you yesterday, appreciate the review. It's amazing how much better the ride feels stepping down from the 21", coilovers will make the ride even better. Let me know if you have any questions along the way, or drop by again if you're in the area again soon and we can go for a ride in my MYP.

Reactions: PeteOC
@PeteOC , if you were walking towards your car with a handful of shopping you want to stow in the frunk, can you simply walk up to it and open your frunk with the foot sensor or do you have to unlock the car first with the app, fob, card, or pulling door handle?

It is unfortunate your rear kick sensor is a bit finicky and inconsistent. Maybe a faulty sensor? I've seen both Hansshow and EVOffer foot sensors work quite consistently. Even with an extra layer (rear diffuser) covering my foot sensor it's more than 95% consistent. The 5% miss for me is more likely just not getting my foot in the right place.

@PeteOC , if you were walking towards your car with a handful of shopping you want to stow in the frunk, can you simply walk up to it and open your frunk with the foot sensor or do you have to unlock the car first with the app, fob, card, or pulling door handle?

It is unfortunate your rear kick sensor is a bit finicky and inconsistent. Maybe a faulty sensor? I've seen both Hansshow and EVOffer foot sensors work quite consistently. Even with an extra layer (rear diffuser) covering my foot sensor it's more than 95% consistent. The 5% miss for me is more likely just not getting my foot in the right place.
The kick sensor that came with the power frunk kit is actually for the trunk, so the frunk was not installed with one. So yes, if I was walking towards my car with a handful of groceries, I would have to somehow get my phone out and open it remotely. If a kick sensor ever becomes available for retrofitting into the frunk kit, I would definitely get it. As it is right now, the benefit of not having to open the frunk myself after unlatching, and closing the frunk without manual labor is (and risk of denting hood) is worth the price of admission.

The rear kick sensor is starting to behave more consistently, or maybe I'm just getting better at activating it. In the above scenario you talked about, if I was handling a lot of stuff and I was by myself, I would probably elect to use the trunk since I can open with my foot now.

Reactions: tlr1000
An aside, but the Watch for Tesla app is awesome for this. Just verbal command to the watch if you’re carrying something (or just want the convenience), and it completes different tasks including opening the frunk or trunk. Just those two features alone are worth the $20 app price, for me.
Apple watch app for Tesla, or something else? I’ll need to investigate this.

Never mind, found it. Thanks.

Is there an additional setting in order to get siri voice command to work other than adding them inside the app? Because I can’t seem to get them to work right now.

Last edited:
Apple watch app for Tesla, or something else? I’ll need to investigate this.

Never mind, found it. Thanks.

Is there an additional setting in order to get siri voice command to work other than adding them inside the app? Because I can’t seem to get them to work right now.
I did find I had to sync the phone after set up with the watch, and I had to play with the Siri functions a few times to get the functions to show up on it and start working. But once set it is the coolest to use. No awkward kicking or swiping of feet once you get to the car. Just from a distance say “open Frunk,” “lock doors,” or whichever of a bunch of commands you can use, and you’re set.

Reactions: PeteOC
I did find I had to sync the phone after set up with the watch, and I had to play with the Siri functions a few times to get the functions to show up on it and start working. But once set it is the coolest to use. No awkward kicking or swiping of feet once you get to the car. Just from a distance say “open Frunk,” “lock doors,” or whichever of a bunch of commands you can use, and you’re set.
Yup got it to work after opening Apple Shortcuts App and trying voice command from there. This was about 30 minutes after installing the Watch App For Tesla so maybe it just needed time to “sync” up like you said. This plus the powered Frunk makes using the Frunk enjoyable and practical again.