Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor eas | Hansshow Power Frunk/Trunk Sales & installation - Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My biggest concern is the power source that need to be connected to the battery directly, which will eat up the 12v battery constantly. Is there any other power source hook up location that has switched 12v?
The Frunk kits don't draw any power when not used. However, companies like Antigravity offer battery monitoring devices in which you can check the health of your 12V battery on your phone. I use one myself, since we're testing a 12V LiFePO4 drop-in replacement.

52032874615_bd2dc93091_b.jpg

Agreed, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen cases on here where it has. Failures happen, I’m not saying they’re unreliable. My fear is that even with the emergency release it somehow stays shut. I know, I’m paranoid. It’s the only thing holding me back. This is virtually the only mod I would want on the car.
I'm in that situation now, where the frunk opens up a few inches and then closes. I try to lift the hood up once it pops up., but I think the struts are pushing it back down. I didn't want to force it as it can bend the hood. as you can see from my video link. Frunk Issue

The noise you hear after it close is a bad lock motor.

Just installed this and it shows 15.44 V with 100% charge. So, is our 15V Lithium battery is always at 100%?
Normal on lithium. All sorts of different variables come into play, the logging will be able to show you everything as the battery ages.
Any1 in NYC can install this mods?
Unfortunately, don't have anyone in your area I can recommend. However, any 12V installer should have no problem.

Last edited:
Do you ship to the UK or have a UK distributor?
We can ship, but I would recommend trying to find a local reseller first as international shipping costs/duties can get up there. Hansshow might be able to refer you to a local installer if you contact them directly.

Otherwise, we can get you anything you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: megabyte
Have a bit of an issue.. installed the power frunk on model Y 2022 - the frunk opens really fast and closes with normal speed. No sound can be heard /did hear a sound with my M3 power frunk/ . Also no sound when trying the reset button - can someone share how to modify the speed? Also there is a d-2 connector which is not in the installation manual - and can't see.where.to connect it to, as the cable is very short.
Would really appreciate if someone could give any input.

Have a bit of an issue.. installed the power frunk on model Y 2022 - the frunk opens really fast and closes with normal speed. No sound can be heard /did hear a sound with my M3 power frunk/ . Also no sound when trying the reset button - can someone share how to modify the speed? Also there is a d-2 connector which is not in the installation manual - and can't see.where.to connect it to, as the cable is very short.
Would really appreciate if someone could give any input.
IMG_1627.jpeg