Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easier to avoid speeding tickets in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering my 285 wh/m after 17k miles, it is quite easy to speed in my LR RWD 3. At least autopilot makes road trips easy and efficient. So far I have not been pulled over, but I am getting replacement tires already at 17k. Luckily Michelin will warranty that with a nice discount on my next set. Tires are more expensive than energy costs in this car.
Compliments on the 285. That's a remarkable number. Good going.

I found it a lot easier to keep at the speed limit as you don't have the rush of gears.

Yeah, I totally agree. With the BMW M3 I used to drive, I had to try find that sweet spot which meant it could go over the speed limit. Plus gas sports cars are always tempting to go fast, you can't drive them slow. Especially a Lamborghini Huracan I rented, I accidentally went 120 mph without realizing on the CA-73 toll roads it and had to slow down immediately.

I much prefer electric cars. You can drive smoothly when you want to, but have tons of torque when you wanna go fast in control.

would be better if it had speed limiter option like some bmw, for when driver wants to do manual acceleration, but with a sensible lid on the top speed
You can set a speed limit on the Model 3, only downside is it automatically puts your car in Chill mode. Notifies you in the car and on the app, if you get within 3 mph of the set limit.

You can also set a chime reminder, when you get within or over a vehicle displayed speed limit.

100% True.

I got a speeding ticket a few months ago in my BMW M3 just cause the undercover cop heard me going by 3 lanes over on the highway. Stock exhaust!

Naturally aspirated V8 that revs to 8600rpm. You need to be above 4500rpm to feel it - meaning everyone else is going to hear it.

I was driving home fast after work, cause I was tired and didn’t want to spend any more time in the car than I needed to.

Now, I just don’t speed in the Model 3 though. I throw it in Autopilot on the highway and just relax. I just don’t feel tired when I’m on a trip.

I still hit the on-ramps like a bat out of hell.