Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easiest Car to wash, ever?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of all the cars I've ever owned the Model S sure seems like the easiest to wash and wax out of all of them. It just doesn't seem to take very long to wash it and then to wax it. Maybe it's the shape, how the design flows. Even the cyclone wheels are easy to clean, rarely have any brake dust to contend with either.

I do set the suspension in the 'very high' setting, thanks Tesla Forum for that hack!!

Maybe I just love the car so much it just doesn't feel like work to clean it up!

Out of all the cars I've ever owned the Model S sure seems like the easiest to wash and wax out of all of them. It just doesn't seem to take very long to wash it and then to wax it. Maybe it's the shape, how the design flows. Even the cyclone wheels are easy to clean, rarely have any brake dust to contend with either.

I do set the suspension in the 'very high' setting, thanks Tesla Forum for that hack!!

Maybe I just love the car so much it just doesn't feel like work to clean it up!
AMEN that!
~Larry

What wax product does everyone use? Liquid or paste?

I use CQuartz Finest, which isn't a wax and the car looks truly amazing. Dirt just seems to blow off it. It lasts two years with a very easy 'recharge' every six months that I simply wipe on and then off almost immediately, though I only seem to have to do it annually. I have never had a car look so good or be so easy to clean. Nothing sticks to the paint.

If you are generally kind of lazy (like me) but like a nice, clean look (like me) I promise you that Opti-coat Pro Plus is the way to go. You will spend something like $700 but then every time you wash the car it looks like it just got detailed including a waxing. If you are planning to keep the car for even a few years there is a solid ROI on this vs. having it waxed by a detailer periodically.

If you are generally kind of lazy (like me) but like a nice, clean look (like me) I promise you that Opti-coat Pro Plus is the way to go. You will spend something like $700 but then every time you wash the car it looks like it just got detailed including a waxing. If you are planning to keep the car for even a few years there is a solid ROI on this vs. having it waxed by a detailer periodically.

I had Opti-coat Pro applied by a professional, and I'm sure he did a great job (he has a lot of positive reviews on TMC), but the end result was underwhelming. The finish wasn't "glass smooth" like I expected, it had kind of a 'tacky' feel to it, even when just washed. Dirt doesn't just slide off.. it collects road dirt no differently than my other cars. So I'm not sure what when wrong compared to everyone else's experience. I might just go for a color wrap or plasti-dip in the future.

Also, I do the two-bucket ONR wash and that works really well. Much better than the traditional soak, lather, rinse, dry cycle I used to to which took upwards of an hour.

I went with CQuartz Finest because it is known to have a much silkier feel. Though I must admit, I have not felt the Opti finish. I have read many good things about it. But I am completely satisfied with CQF.

I had Opti-coat Pro applied by a professional, and I'm sure he did a great job (he has a lot of positive reviews on TMC), but the end result was underwhelming. The finish wasn't "glass smooth" like I expected, it had kind of a 'tacky' feel to it, even when just washed. Dirt doesn't just slide off.. it collects road dirt no differently than my other cars. So I'm not sure what when wrong compared to everyone else's experience. I might just go for a color wrap or plasti-dip in the future.

Also, I do the two-bucket ONR wash and that works really well. Much better than the traditional soak, lather, rinse, dry cycle I used to to which took upwards of an hour.

How long ago was your OptiCoat Pro done? OCP does not have that slick feeling, but water action is very good IMO. Maybe you have excessive contamination that has built up on the OCP and it needs a decon wash?

The new optimum pro plus that is applied 30-60 mins after OCP is very slick feeling and IMO keeps your finish cleaner longer.

How long ago was your OptiCoat Pro done? OCP does not have that slick feeling, but water action is very good IMO. Maybe you have excessive contamination that has built up on the OCP and it needs a decon wash?

The new optimum pro plus that is applied 30-60 mins after OCP is very slick feeling and IMO keeps your finish cleaner longer.

It was done when I got the car -- about 18 months ago.

At this point, I'm not sure what my options are -- if I can just get a coat of CQuartz on top of the OCP that's there -- or do I have to wait for the OCP to diminish, or does it have to be removed before putting something else down? How do you do a decon wash?