Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easiest way to access "Service Plug"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Open and close the charge port door around a dozen times and the APS will turn back on. I can't remember the exact number of times it takes.
I recently replaced the 12v battery on my Tesla Roadster Sport 3.0 as it was preventing charging (2.1 volts when I tested it after removal) and brand new, fully topped battery, I cannot get the APS to re-engage or reboot - tried the charge port door like 20 times in a row. Is there something else I can try?

Check both sides of the fuse under the hood. it allows charging one way and 12v the other. You can run a roadster without the 12v battery so I suspect either the fuse of the switch pack. I know some people are having trouble with headlights remaining on after a 3.0 which suggests the reprogramming either interferes with the switch pack programming or there is a component that interferes with its function. This is just a hypothesis because its not consistent. Either way the 12v should not be an issue even if its disconnected,