Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easiest way to black out Tesla emblem (front and back)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didnt end up using the metal badge i bought.. instead; i had body shop paint gloss black factory badges front plus rear + i bought black PLAID lettering one on ebay. Prior to painting, i bought a new rear badge as the one on the car broke in half upon removal (its super thin). Overall very satisfied how it all came together.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4062.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4062.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 195
  • thumbnail_IMG_4058.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4058.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 143
  • thumbnail_IMG_4052.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4052.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 148
Im going to try this one for the rear badge on a refresh model. The factory badge is super thin and its going to be difficult for body shop to paint it while protecting that factory adhesive for application). This aftermarket badge is likely a 3d scan and then laser cut out of metal.. i wanted gloss back and they have that option along with other colors.. for the front i'm getting a factory unit and will have body shop spray it gloss black.

I bought that one and it does not sit entirely flush with the curvature of the trunk. Plus it is slightly larger than the oem emblem.

Thinking of plast-dipping my front and rear and Dual Motor.

Questions for you experts:

1) what adhesive should I use to stick it back on? I scraped off 90% of the oem black gunk adhesive they use. Want something flush to the surface.
2) how do I align it, by sight?
3) how do I apply the Dual Motor individual letters and keep the spacing correct?
4)does plasti dip leave varying thickness and unevenness if you overspray?
5) spray just the front of the badge right?

Appreciate it.