Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easiest way to sell MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A

Albuquerque1

It's likely we're going to move abroad and will need to sell our 2021 grey Model Y SR. What's the easiest way to do this? Is the local dealer likely to want to buy it? Otherwise, list it here? Anything else to consider?

If you really are just looking for 'easy' - I can help. £36,000 cash or bank transfer - I don't care if its a Y or 3 (which I'm sure it is). I will come to you.

If you want best and fair price then try any number of dealers either online or traditional - none of them will make it hard - you agree a price and they pay you.....

Judging by the OP's user name i'm wondering if this is indeed a MY SR that has been imported. If it has and still has the US charging port then good luck trying to shift it, i think the last one was exported back to the US.

Unless the OP is a Prefab Sprout fan.......

• Funny
Reactions: Alan J and DeejUK
There are plenty of dealers, I wouldn’t personally rely just on Richard Symons as he seems more interested in pumping out videos. They’ll also all tell you they’ve a list of people wanting to buy, but how many of them do you want to ring up?

A dealer will look for a couple of grand to flip the car for you so say 62k sale at Symons or Wisely or Simon Jones is about £59,500 to you. WBAC seem to be offering 58k and you walk away with the cash that day, and Motorway will take a week or 2 and you’ll probably get somewhere between the two.

So if you’re not prepared to sell directly I’d get a price from Motorway. You’ve put the dealers in competition with each other rather than them trying to become your best friend while all they really want to do is flip your car as quickly as possible. Symons et al will be all over motorway and every other source of stock anyway.

And WBAC is worth a punt as a back stop price.

Reactions: Albuquerque1
Whoops, forgot I posted here. It’s a model Y LR, not SR. I just had a brain fart is all.

I did try searching here first but obviously I don’t know the right spell as I didn’t find much of use.