Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Bay Service Center on its way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? There really isn't a need for one and if Tesla did build one, it'd be abused and overrun by locals which defeats the purpose of it to begin with.

Jeff
I agree with your concern about the locals. I live in the LA area and like to visit my family in central Contra Costa County whenever I can; however, I have plenty of adapters in my trunk and can just continue to hijack my brother's dryer outlet in the meantime.

I was excited to discover today that there is to be a new Tesla Service Center in West Berkeley, an easy walk from my home! I received excellent help from a Tesla mobile service person a couple of weeks back, who hinted that this was in the works, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. The mayor mentioned it during a meeting last night, and the Mercury News has an article. It's somewhat odd/unfortunate that the picture they associated with the article is of a Model S that plowed into a tree in Carmel some time ago. I found a project plan on file with the city, indicating that this has been in the works since at least last July.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
I was excited to discover today that there is to be a new Tesla Service Center in West Berkeley, an easy walk from my home! I received excellent help from a Tesla mobile service person a couple of weeks back, who hinted that this was in the works, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. The mayor mentioned it during a meeting last night, and the Mercury News has an article. It's somewhat odd/unfortunate that the picture they associated with the article is of a Model S that plowed into a tree in Carmel some time ago. I found a project plan on file with the city, indicating that this has been in the works since at least last July.

Cool. At least they found a good use of the old brewery there.

I'm all for more service centers in the SF Bay area, no doubt. That location would be outstanding as a central hub spot if Tesla can find a large enough location. So far as the supercharger goes though... It'll be unusable once the locals get wind of it... As a stock holder I'm not terribly fond of funding peoples need to abuse the system and mooch off of Tesla for free electricity...

Jeff

I'm gonna start mooching more and please buy more stock so I can keep charging for freeeeeeeeeeeeee.... haha

How/Where is the mobile service in Berkeley? Is it just a hub out of which they bring Rangers to your car? Or is there a place to charge and talk to a tech?

If it's not public, perhaps that large facility in Oakland that Elon has expressed interest in would include a service center when developed.

-Randy

AFAIK the Mobile service in the East Bay is dispatched from Berkeley. 1501 Eastshore Highway is the address on the service invoice I got a couple of weeks ago for a door handle replacement on my wife's 2015 S70D. Industrial area paralleling I-80.