Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Delivery Scheduled for Tomorrow (1/16)!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got word that my car is in Rockville, MD right now and I can pick it up tomorrow! Non-employee, line waiter, previous owner.

At first I was told I couldn't pick it up until 1/22 because they wouldn't be trained on the car's orientation until this weekend but I said I didn't care, I just wanted the car. The great people at TMC will help me with whatever I can't figure out :)

Interesting, I got the call today from the DS in Vegas that my car would be ready to pick up as early as 1/24 in Rockville. I pointed out that I actually live closer to Tysons and they indicated that would not be a problem for the same date. If you get a chance, poke around and see if you spot a silver metallic with 19" wheels and VIN 349x:)

Super exciting to see them coming this direction. Look forward to spying you all on the road (while I look longingly from my Leaf).

It's interesting to see that Tesla said that deliveries would be based on location, and I assumed that meant they would start out in California then slowly move east. That "seems" to not be the case and they are moving to the highest "Tesla density" areas first. For all of us in the D.C. area, we may not be at the back of the line (for non-owners like me).

-Jim

Super exciting to see them coming this direction. Look forward to spying you all on the road (while I look longingly from my Leaf).

It's interesting to see that Tesla said that deliveries would be based on location, and I assumed that meant they would start out in California then slowly move east. That "seems" to not be the case and they are moving to the highest "Tesla density" areas first. For all of us in the D.C. area, we may not be at the back of the line (for non-owners like me).

-Jim

I think it has more to do with proximity to a Tesla showroom / service center, which makes sense if they're trying to get these off the books as quick as possible.

Now, if they'd just start producing the SR version...