Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East-coast invite. Non Employee , Model X owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if we, say lived in PA, but borrowed your address... would ours come faster? We are in MD a lot anyway, and it's the closest service center as well!

PA ones come with CA temp tags anyway, we then have to go to PennDOT and take 2 hours to explain what a "tesla" is to register it...

• Funny
Reactions: benjiejr
So did they skip the middle of the country? Only east coast invites?

I am not expecting one as I am not a current owner, but would like to see more Ohio people get it so I can see it in person.

Edit: I see there is a Tennessee one, so that is more middle. But what about Kansas, or Nebraska, or Iowa?

So did they skip the middle of the country? Only east coast invites?

I am not expecting one as I am not a current owner, but would like to see more Ohio people get it so I can see it in person.

Edit: I see there is a Tennessee one, so that is more middle. But what about Kansas, or Nebraska, or Iowa?

Good question, where is the thread for Colorado or Washington state (West coast outside of California)

Edit nevermind see 12-28-17 New Invite / Configuring / Delivery Spreadsheet and Tesla owner configurations begin

Owners from Washington ST to Illinois to Delaware are all getting invites, looks like the entire lower 48 is open to configure (prior Tesla owners only so far)

Last edited:
index.jpg

My guess is that Tesla feels that they've saturated the CA delivery channels
This is a great point; as production bottlenecks ease, delivery capacity in particular service centers may well become the next bottleneck. That could create some pretty wild variances in actual delivery timing/geography vs what a straight model predicts based on deposit date/time/location.
Granted, all of this drama will subside rapidly once significant volume is flowing from the factory. Similar to how the threads for photos from 3s in the wild is by now old news, soon along with VINs in the wild.

Reactions: dhanson865
if we, say lived in PA, but borrowed your address... would ours come faster? We are in MD a lot anyway, and it's the closest service center as well!

PA ones come with CA temp tags anyway, we then have to go to PennDOT and take 2 hours to explain what a "tesla" is to register it...

How is MD the closest service center when you live in PA? How about the SC in Devon, PA?