Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Supercharger Celebration Road Trip Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1936.JPG
Leaving for North East charger

Reactions: vdiv and Thinkje
Also, Rudy, I don't know your handle, but you were absolutely right about the AP2 lane-changing behavior. When the white lines are present on the dashboard image, as when traveling on a well-marked superhighway like I-95, then the turn signal does indeed cause an automatic lane change. But on other highways and roads, when the dashboard doesn't display the white lines, auto steer may be working just fine but the turn signal does not trigger an auto lane change, even if a lane is available.

Thanks for explaining that to me.

Alan

As promised, here's the second outing. With the holidays coming I'll apologize for the short notice but it seems like waiting for Gaithersburg to open wasn't the optimal ploy. Planning this for this coming Saturday, November 11th.
Carlisle to Breezewood to Martinsburg (to Gaithersburg?)
Each leg is about an hour and we'll do back roads from Breezewood to Martinsburg.
If Gaithersburg is open, we'll stop and eat there because of the multiple mall food choices. If not, we can find a local spot at Martinsburg or the nearby destination charger equipped Bavarian Inn looks nice.
Fine Dining at the Bavarian Inn WV
10:00AM Meet at Carlisle Supercharger
10:15 Carlisle ribbon ceremony
10:30 Leave Carlisle for Breezewood Supercharger
11:45 Arrive at Breezewood
12:00 Breezewood ribbon ceremony
12:15 Leave Breezewood for Martinsburg Supercharger via US522S to Berkeley Springs and WV-9E
1:30 Arrive at Martinsburg
1:45 Martinsburg ribbon ceremony
2:00 Leave Martinsburg for either Gaithersburg or socialization
(3:00 If open, arrive at Gaithersburg)

Hopefully there will still be some color on the trees.
It seemed to work best to reply here if you plan to attend. Like last time, no need to do the entire trip and you're more than welcome to meet at a supercharger for the ribbon ceremony or for the socialization at the end. Happy Fall!

Reactions: Pollux and MMC-
As promised, here's the second outing. With the holidays coming I'll apologize for the short notice but it seems like waiting for Gaithersburg to open wasn't the optimal ploy. Planning this for this coming Saturday, November 11th.
Each leg is about an hour and we'll do back roads from Breezewood to Martinsburg.
If Gaithersburg is open, we'll stop and eat there because of the multiple mall food choices. If not, we can find a local spot at Martinsburg or the nearby destination charger equipped Bavarian Inn looks nice.
12:15 Leave Breezewood for Martinsburg Supercharger via US522S to Berkeley Springs and WV-9E

It seemed to work best to reply here if you plan to attend. Like last time, no need to do the entire trip and you're more than welcome to meet at a supercharger for the ribbon ceremony or for the socialization at the end. Happy Fall!

Missed the first one (Had to do that work thing) but plan on making this one. :)

Sorry for newbie question: is the Carlisle Supercharger the same as the Laurel Supercharger?

I think Breezewood means Breezewood Farms at Woodstock, MD, yes?

Thanks,
Alan

Sorry for newbie question: is the Carlisle Supercharger the same as the Laurel Supercharger?

I think Breezewood means Breezewood Farms at Woodstock, MD, yes?

Thanks,
Alan
Carlisle PA and Breezewood PA.
Carlisle is just a little west of Harrisburg.
Breezewood is the next supercharger to the west via the turnpike.
Then we make a leisurely turn south to get to WV and Martinsburg.
It looks like the install crew at Gaithersburg is going to frustrate the efforts to make it a 4 stop day. Oh well.

Thanks, @Half, I see it all, now. Too bad about Gaithersburg. I can't believe how many new SCs there are to celebrate!

You've probably already examined this possibility, but the SC at La Vale, MD is pretty new: ~September 1. That would get you to 4. But adds 1-¼ hours and ~70 miles to the trip.

I'm on kid / playdate duty Saturday. :-(