Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Supercharger Celebration Road Trip Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would the spring work?? I may have my Model 3 by then....April school vacation would work for me...Pollux's family IS extremely generous and thoughtful Half Dollar Bill, one of the more helpful, knowledgeable, and kind people I have met !! Spring would give some people time to plan it out...just a thought. I would love to experience that road trip from Mass.

Would the spring work?? I may have my Model 3 by then....April school vacation would work for me...Pollux's family IS extremely generous and thoughtful Half Dollar Bill, one of the more helpful, knowledgeable, and kind people I have met !! Spring would give some people time to plan it out...just a thought. I would love to experience that road trip from Mass.
Well, the good news is that there should be more supercharger adds between now and the spring, so can we do another in the spring? Sure. And depending on how well I do coordinating this one will be the answer for my appetite to do another. We have the makings of a plan for the eastern chargers via the detail being discussed on the first page. I'm still looking to do an western drive, possibly coordinating with some foliage.
I will keep an idea for spring in the mix. Thanks

As always, party planning / date setting is a mutually-recursive exercise. What dates? Who will come? How many? What's the minimum number to make this all worthwhile? Maybe we even need some kind of poll.

@Half, I'm on the road tomorrow which should mean that I have time to talk on the phone... you, me, maybe Lanny, too.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.26.36 PM.png
My apologies for the delay in publishing details.

Save the date for Saturday October 21st. We’re going to do the drive around Maryland and then wind up somewhere after the last charger to hang out and chow down. We are asking if you plan to bring children because we can try to find a suitable restaurant and possibly do a pre-Halloween event if there is a critical mass of kids. Note that children are welcome regardless.

Feel free to attend all or part of the drive or to just show up at a specific supercharger for the ribbon cutting event. We will do unofficial ribbon cutting ceremonies at Grasonville, North East and Aberdeen. We’d love to see new and old friends, if only for a few minutes.

Please help us plan by answering the questions below before Thursday October 12th.

How many adults will attend dinner?
Ages of children that will attend dinner.

The Route (from EVTRIPPLANNER.com):

Meet at Naval Bagels, 609 Taylor Avenue in Annapolis.
Leave Naval Bagels, Annapolis at 11:00; drive to Grasonville Supercharger.
Grasonville ribbon ceremony at 11:45.
Leave Grasonville Supercharger at 12:00; drive to Gilpins Bridge via Routes 301 & 213.
Leave Gilpins Bridge at 2:00; drive to North East Supercharger.
North East ribbon ceremony at 2:45.
Leave North East Supercharger at 3:00; drive to Aberdeen Supercharger.
Aberdeen ribbon ceremony at 3:30.
Leave Aberdeen at 3:45; drive to restaurant.
Meet at restaurant at ??

I’ll finalize the restaurant once I have a rough count of the group size. Remember to provide your responses for number of adults and children ages by Thursday. Either reply to this thread or because of the sensitivity of ages, please feel free to either PM me on TMC or email me at [email protected].

Also, stay tuned for Part II, Carlisle to Breezewood to Martinsburg to Gaithersburg in mid-November. Waiting for Gaithersburg to open to finalize.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pollux
Unfortunately we won't be able to make that weekend. We'll be with @jcadman22 NASA open house event. Sorry to miss out! Have fun!
Yes, I talked to Jeff at National Harbor. Unfortunately for our personal schedules, this wound up needing to happen on a Saturday. But I've still got the second one coming up so stay tuned. Thanks.

I'm new to the club, just picked up my car 2 months ago. My parents live in MD and I was planning on visiting them that weekend. If I can convince my father to join me I'd love to head out to meet you guys. I have a 1 year old that would also be riding with us.
Unfortunately it would be very last minute depending on how the drive over on Friday goes with the little one.
I would suspect we wouldn't be in for dinner, just a few supercharger visits and head back to their house close to the city.

Hey @Half Dollar Bill would be interested in this, but unfortunately I'll be travelling to Williamsburg that weekend. Hope you have a good showing!
It's on your way....... :)
See @jcadman22 post above. There's a NASA Langley event on Saturday around your destination. I think he's got a thread for that somewhere.
Enjoy your trip. And watch for my Part 2.

I'm new to the club, just picked up my car 2 months ago. My parents live in MD and I was planning on visiting them that weekend. If I can convince my father to join me I'd love to head out to meet you guys. I have a 1 year old that would also be riding with us.
Unfortunately it would be very last minute depending on how the drive over on Friday goes with the little one.
I would suspect we wouldn't be in for dinner, just a few supercharger visits and head back to their house close to the city.
Happy to have you around for as much as you want. Watch the thread.

It's on your way....... :)
See @jcadman22 post above. There's a NASA Langley event on Saturday around your destination. I think he's got a thread for that somewhere.
Enjoy your trip. And watch for my Part 2.

Haha, I know, but likely coming down Friday. Main point is to visit my not yet two month old nephew, so he'd be a hindrance to attending :p

I'll certainly keep an eye out for part 2.

I doubt I can convince SWMBO to go on a daylong circular trip, but is there any particular advantage to attending the ribbon cuttings? Free Tesla mugs or something? If so, I could convince her to meet up with everyone at one of those...;)

I doubt I can convince SWMBO to go on a daylong circular trip, but is there any particular advantage to attending the ribbon cuttings? Free Tesla mugs or something? If so, I could convince her to meet up with everyone at one of those...;)
Wait, wait, let me get this straight - you do NOT look for excuses to go out for a drive?
Tesla hasn't sanctioned the events, so it's just a bunch of owners that want to get together to celebrate something and meet other owners.
You don't have to do the entire drive and you can certainly show up at just a supercharger for the ceremony. Depending on where you live, I'd at least recommend the last one so we can sway you into coming out to dinner after.
Oh, and we take video/pictures, so you'd be immortalized on the web forever. And you can keep a piece of the ribbon. :)

• Love
Reactions: Pollux