Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Supercharging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folowing the anallogy of previous installations

There is chance that one is installed here
https://maps.google.be/maps?q=39.143009,-76.845549&hl=en&num=1&t=h&gl=be&z=16

Not sure that the rest area on the northbound side would work well, as it doesn't have a way to make a loop through the parking area if you miss the Supercharger on initial drive through. The southbound rest area appears to have a semi-official road that connects the exit road to the entrance road, so that you can make multiple laps through without going against one-way traffic (or driving in reverse)

Perfect location and easily accessible. 198 miles south of my house so really a sweet spot ... I'll get near maximum charge rate on the way to DC. Will have to curb my lead foot to make it there though, even with an 85kWh.

YES!!! This is exactly what I needed for my relatively frequent holiday trips to NJ to visit in-laws. The location is absolutely perfect for me. Now if there is one planned for the Richmond, VA area in the future that would be nice but the DE location is PERFECT!

Here's a picture of the Milford Supercharger setup on the N bound side. It's in a section of green vehicle parking right next to the main building. The location is great for NYC to Boston, but unfortunately the food offerings inside aren't really very inspired.

_E200292.jpg

This makes me giddy! Anyone have a sense if there is a location set up north on 91 as well? I'm literally headed to VT in an hour, and if there is a SuperCharger in the Springfield, MA area I'm taking the Model S... if not it is my old Ford Escape Hybrid with 100k miles. After a week in the Model S that is an unspeakable fate for a four hour drive!

I also saw the new Superchargers off I95 just south of the Christiana Mall in the "Welcome" rest area in the median area. There are 4 charging stations and there was another Model S sitting by mine. It was white and had
MFG Calif plates on it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356148196.868810.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356148223.701241.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356148245.700827.jpg

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comment, while not as bad as most comments on articles having anything to do with EVs is still misinformed.
So, you can get from Boston to Washington, with two supercharger stations on the way, then how do you get back if there's no supercharger station in DC; or vice versa? I suppose the next two stations would be in DC and Boston, but it's not very useful until those stations are open.
Just shows how far there is to go in communication and education of the general public. The supercharges allow you to travel between DC and Boston. Once in either destination, then you can charge at one of the many non-superchargers available (or at your residence). Sure more superchargers will allow further destinations. But this is the start.

The comment, while not as bad as most comments on articles having anything to do with EVs is still misinformed.

Just shows how far there is to go in communication and education of the general public. The supercharges allow you to travel between DC and Boston. Once in either destination, then you can charge at one of the many non-superchargers available (or at your residence). Sure more superchargers will allow further destinations. But this is the start.

I responded earlier today with an explanation of how such a trip could be made with the two superchargers already in place. Also pointed out that supercharger use is free, which the article seems to have omitted. NY Times comments are moderated and mine has not yet appeared (or lost).

I am SO tempted to drive to the Charlotte, NC area instead of flying down ... this covers about half the distance so getting to Fredricksburg, VA is easy ... then I'd need two campground charges and possible short J1772 session to reach my destination which adds another 15 hours of charging to the trip. Total time is 32 hours. Mmph.

I am SO tempted to drive to the Charlotte, NC area instead of flying down ... this covers about half the distance so getting to Fredricksburg, VA is easy ... then I'd need two campground charges and possible short J1772 session to reach my destination which adds another 15 hours of charging to the trip. Total time is 32 hours. Mmph.

You could check with Tesla DC for 70 amp charging.

till washington dc easy charging https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Boston,+MA,+United+States&daddr=41.246846,-73.010268+to:1200+Morris+Turnpike+Short+Hills,+NJ+07078+to:39.662073,-75.692123+to:1050+K+Street+N.W+Suite+101+Washington+DC,+DC+20001+to:Charlotte,+NC,+United+States&hl=en&sll=38.79281,-75.95427&sspn=13.363655,28.54248&geocode=FZ9WhgIdw7bD-ykbMT0NLWXjiTGg6GIBJL98eA%3BFX5gdQIdpPOl-w%3BFQSobQIdG06R-ykHEE65HK_DiTHXMH5AS7Z3Yg%3BFfkxXQIdpQd9-w%3BFXeaUQIdZalo-ym7xlGDk7e3iTGtLCq6L2u15w%3BFc-FGQIdiW4u-ymBGjj8xB9UiDFk0UO_5lBGiA&oq=Charlotte,+NC&mra=ls&t=m&z=6
with stop at a teslashop in NY & Washington DC

afterwards somewhere a long stop in between washington & charlotte i guess

If you want a home 50A (okay, so really charging at 40A) charge vs stopping at an RV park, feel free to swing by north Raleigh on your way to Charlotte. :smile:

You could check with Tesla DC for 70 amp charging.

Ah! Yes, right! Excellent idea. Damn, you had to mention that... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

If you want a home 50A (okay, so really charging at 40A) charge vs stopping at an RV park, feel free to swing by north Raleigh on your way to Charlotte. :smile:

Thanks! I'll let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that 208 or 240 volt service?

It's likely I'd go west of DC (81 to 77) instead of continuing down 95 thru Raleigh... My worst stretch is 215 miles between Natural Bridge KOA and a quick stop at a 1772 somewhere near Charlotte before final destination.
Assuming I have access to Tesla DC and Natural Bridge KOA (I haven't checked yet).
My spreadsheet is getting complex :smile: