Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Supercharging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the Santee, SC SC (sounds weird, but that's not a typo) is open that does help continue the I-95 route

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 588
There's a nearly complete Supercharger site in East Greenwich, RI. It's just off 95 at the shopping center at the 4/95 split, with 8 chargers next to the Walgreens.

It wasn't on over Christmas...

Thanks for the info, I did some googling, seems the address of that Walgreens, in East Greenwich, RI is:

1000 Division Rd
East Greenwich, RI 02818

It's 52 miles from me, so I'll certainly go check it out... Looks like an easy on/off from I95 as well.

IMHO, Newark would have made more sense than JFK! For one thing it is central between I95, and the Garden State PKWY. Who wants to drive through Queens on the way N-S along the coast? I have a daughter living in Brooklyn, so it may work out for me, but not for everyone, it seems...

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa! Big difference from Greenwich to E. Greenwich that I hadn't appreciated until now. I guess that means we will not see one on the Merritt Parkway, but at least it's a step toward Boston and Maine.
Thanks!

East Greenwich, RI SuperCharger construction completed, but there is no meter installed on the transformer yet , also it's a busy Walgreens location, 4 of the 8 spots where ICEd when I arrived to checkout the site. See pictures below..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 436
Last edited:
East Greenwich SuperCharger construction complete, but there is no meter installed at the transformer yet , also it's a busy Walgreens location, most of the 8 spots where ICEd when I arrived to checkout the site. See pictures below...

As one excuse to the ICE owners, there was no EV Charging signs yet indicating that they should not park there. The EV Only signs go on the posts between the pedestals.

Connecticut is apparently very enthusiastic about superchargers, and the location on the Merritt is very welcome. I despise that stretch of I-95.

It appears that Simon Properties is Tesla's partner at many SC sites, and there's a new dot on the map near Portsmouth NH. My guess is that this is Simon's Kittery Premium Outlets property, which would be a pretty decent location.

Hmm, interesting. Simon Properties also has the Bangor Mall. That's not ideal because it's on the North side of Bangor so for Mt Desert Island you'd have to double back to get to US 1A (to Ellsworth or via Bucksport).

But, as you've noted before, the main summer tourist route is US-1.So here's a table of distances between some places in Maine, going from Kittery to Bar Harbor:
- Key route 1 is the Interstate route, I-95/295 to Bangor, then US-1A to Ellsworth
- Key path 2 is the US-1 "coastal" route.
- Assumption is you either want to get there fast or take US-1
- Distances with a / are US-1/Interstate
xKitteryKennbebunkportS. PortlandTopshamRocklandAugustaBelfastBangorBucksportBar Harbor
Kittery (Outlets)n/a244473.6126/125104151/150179171/168210/222
Kennebunkport (I-95 Rest Area)24n/a20.150.110180.4130/126155147/144186/198
South Portland (Maine Mall)4420.1n/a31.582.661.8108/107137127/126166/180
Topsham (Fair Mall)73.650.131.5n/a53.53279.6/77.510699/95.7138/149
Rockland (US-1)126/12510182.653.5n/an/a26.1n/a45.484.3
Augusta (Marketplace)10480.461.832n/an/a46.775.664.9119
Belfast (US-1)151/150130/126108/10779.6/77.526.146.7n/an/a18.857.7
Bangor (Bangor Mall)179155137106n/a75.6n/an/a23.952.7
Bucksport (US-1)171/168147/144127/12699/95.745.464.918.823.9n/a29.9
Bar Harbor210/222186/198166/180138/14984.311957.752.729.9n/a

Notes:
- Distance are calculated as the Google flies. Some will be a little off because it wants to avoid downtown Rockland on Route 1- For fastest time (at the speed limit):
- - I-295 Exit 28 (Brunswick) is a jumping-off point to get to Rockland or Camden. I used Rockland for my distances.
- - I-95 Exit 113 (Augusta) is a jumping-off point to get to Belfast or Bucksport.
- - To Bar Harbor, it's Interstate until Bangor, then US-1A to Ellsworth
- I used Topsham Fair Mall, off I-295 Exit 31 and Marketplace at Augusta off I-95 Exit 112 because they are areas where parking and dining/take-out could be available.
- I skipped Freeport because although it's popular it's near Topsham and the Topsham Fair Mall would seem to be an easier location to get the Supercharger.
- I used Rockland, although Camden's a "nicer" place.
- For the fast route: Kittery + South Portland Mall + Bangor Mall seems to be good enough.
- For US-1: Kittery + South Portland Mall + either Belfast or Bucksport.
- - Belfast would allow a 60 owner to skip South Portland and gives better spacing for winter.
- - Bucksport is closer to Bar Harbor/Acadia so allows more exploration at the destination.

Last edited:
Looks like there might be an ICEd problem at that site. I hope there is diligence on huge fines or immediate towing of ICEs.

well, the the site is not powered up yet & no signage yet either, but yes, with the Walgreens 20' away & these spaces being "prime" parking, it's going to be an ongoing issue... luckily there are 8 stalls at the site.

Edit: and, looking at my pictures carefuly, it was 3 out of 8 spaces that where ICE'd, 4 when I initially arrived

Last edited:
Looks like there might be an ICEd problem at that site. I hope there is diligence on huge fines or immediate towing of ICEs.

I am sure many SC sites are different.

Two weeks ago I went to the Edison NJ Zoning Board meeting where Tesla wants to put in 6 SC's (and set the infrastructure for 2 more now) in a major Simon Properties mall that is pretty bad for parking during the holidays. The location is in the back of the lot. There was discussions about the spots being "reserved" and the signs. The Tesla Representative was VERY clear that Tesla has NO intention to tow or fine any ICE cars if parked in the spots. He said that is not the image Tesla ever wants for the idea that Tesla tows cars from the spots.

East Greenwich, RI SuperCharger construction completed, but there is no meter installed on the transformer yet , also it's a busy Walgreens location, 4 of the 8 spots where ICEd when I arrived to checkout the site. See pictures below..

View attachment 39626

View attachment 39627

View attachment 39628

View attachment 39629

View attachment 39631

View attachment 39633

I wish Tesla had partnered with an organization like Whole Foods for super charger locations. Still it is great to see them going up.

you know, seeing the tall white vinyl privacy fences in these photos makes me wonder why they proposed some ugly ass wooden thing to Edison NJ which got rejected due to it being an "eye sore". They should have just gone with the white vinyl privacy fence in the first proposal then we wouldn't have this delay....

you know, seeing the tall white vinyl privacy fences in these photos makes me wonder why they proposed some ugly ass wooden thing to Edison NJ which got rejected due to it being an "eye sore". They should have just gone with the white vinyl privacy fence in the first proposal then we wouldn't have this delay....

You are correct.
One size does not fit all, so luckily they were able to get the white vinyl enclosure approved @ East Greenwich.
In San Juan Capistrano and Gilroy they are using CMU wall enclosures.
In Macedonia, OH they are using CMU walls with brick enclosures.

Each locality and landlord has their own aesthetic (and possibly safety) criteria, so Tesla and then the contractors just comply with their wishes to get construction underway.
Knowing ahead of time (prior to actually doing the formal submittal) what the local architectural board or commission will approve is another story.

You are correct.
One size does not fit all, so luckily they were able to get the white vinyl enclosure approved @ East Greenwich.

Each locality and landlord has their own aesthetic (and possibly safety) criteria, so Tesla and then the contractors just comply with their wishes to get construction underway.
Knowing ahead of time (prior to actually doing the formal submittal) what the local architectural board or commission will approve is another story.

Yes--I actually prefer the wooden enclosures to the white vinyl. Unless there are formal guidelines or a staff preference, it's hard to know what a particular board will want.

You are correct.

I guess they were just trying to adhere to the "dirty jersey" and "armpit of america" stigma :(

Yes--I actually prefer the wooden enclosures to the white vinyl. Unless there are formal guidelines or a staff preference, it's hard to know what a particular board will want.

I am sort of wondering what kind of long term cleaning and maintenance might be required for the white vinyl.
Not wishing this on anybody, but some prankster or vandal might view it as a "blank canvas" ready for some 'art' or graphics...