Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hcsharp

Jun 7, 2011
Vermont
I've noticed some anomolies in the estimated delivery dates for the east coast. I'm a current owner and reserved on 3/31/16. My estimated delivery time is Jan - March.

My brother, who also lives on the east coast (North Carolina) is not a current owner and reserved 3/31/16. His estimated delivery time is the same as mine, Jan - March. I also have an employee here on the east coast, non-owner, 04/01/16 reservation, with the same estimated delivery.

We also reserved one in my wife's name with same address, and she also has the same time frame Jan - March. Technically she's not a current owner but I don't know if that matters.

I'm a little curious why all of us appear to have the same delivery window despite differences in current owner status. The only configuration email I know of is the one here on TMC in MD. I'm also curious what will happen with my wife's reservation. She has an owner's address of course but she's not technically an owner.

I've noticed some anomolies in the estimated delivery dates for the east coast. I'm a current owner and reserved on 3/31/16. My estimated delivery time is Jan - March.

My brother, who also lives on the east coast (North Carolina) is not a current owner and reserved 3/31/16. His estimated delivery time is the same as mine, Jan - March. I also have an employee here on the east coast, non-owner, 04/01/16 reservation, with the same estimated delivery.

We also reserved one in my wife's name with same address, and she also has the same time frame Jan - March. Technically she's not a current owner but I don't know if that matters.

I'm a little curious why all of us appear to have the same delivery window despite differences in current owner status. The only configuration email I know of is the one here on TMC in MD. I'm also curious what will happen with my wife's reservation. She has an owner's address of course but she's not technically an owner.

I reserved in-store in DC (about 75th in line) on March 31st 2016 and have estimated date of Dec 17 to Feb 18 for First Production. I'm not an owner or employee.

I reserved in-store in DC (about 75th in line) on March 31st 2016 and have estimated date of Dec 17 to Feb 18 for First Production. I'm not an owner or employee.
Welcome to TMC and thanks for your data point! Now I'm even more confused. What delivery estimator are you looking at? I'm looking at the one on Tesla's web site when I log into my account. It does not break the time window down to any specific starting and ending day. It just says "Jan - Mar 2018." I guess technically that means Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2018, but it doesn't specify the starting or ending day, only the months.

Welcome to TMC and thanks for your data point! Now I'm even more confused. What delivery estimator are you looking at? I'm looking at the one on Tesla's web site when I log into my account. It does not break the time window down to any specific starting and ending day. It just says "Jan - Mar 2018." I guess technically that means Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2018, but it doesn't specify the starting or ending day, only the months.
I think he was referring to the year, not the day.

hcsharp did you order in store or on-line on 3/31? That shouldn't make a difference if your an existing owner compared to non-owners but still a good data point going forward.
I am a non-owner, ordered in store (Dedham, Ma) was about 25th in line and have an estimated delivery of Dec to February. I think in time Tesla will correct many of the delivery timelines people are seeing now.

All of the reservations I mentioned in the OP were online.
That's interesting. I just logged into my Tesla account and now it says Dec 2017 - Feb 2018. So my delivery period is now the same as everyone else (east coast). I would think it would be different for current owners vs non-owners.

Reactions: Rusty1
That's interesting. I just logged into my Tesla account and now it says Dec 2017 - Feb 2018. So my delivery period is now the same as everyone else (east coast). I would think it would be different for current owners vs non-owners.
My guess is the early day 1 in store reservation holders on the east coast are currently bundled into the same 3 month period as existing owners. However I know others who did not make a reservation on the first few days have later delivery estimates.
It will be interesting once we're into January to see what delivery estimates Tesla uses. I'll think you'll begin to see more accurate estimates. For now acurately predicting delivery dates is like trying to nail jello to a tree:)

Owner reservations don’t make up that much of the huge pool of all reservations. An owner in the same area in the country as you will probably get their Model 3 before you, but if they’re able to start producing several thousand per week in the coming weeks/months they should be able to get through all of the owners that are going for initial production relatively quickly. Just look at the thread about CA owners that have received invitations. We’re nearing 50% of CA owners (at least those that are on this forum) that have been invited to configure. Hopefully we’re through most if not all of the owner reservations by the end of Februrary.

I reserved 5/5/17 east coast and online.
Owner.
Was Nov-Jan window.
Now Dec-Feb window for first production.

Seems ridiculous how everyone (including me) let’s Tesla over promise - under deliver and they get rewarded (stock goes up).

Only thing delivery window tells me is that is the time period I will not get the car. Hope I am wrong.

• Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
If your estimate is the same as everyone else's it is entirely possible that your reservation is not associating you with the same info as your current Tesla account. I'd call Tesla and verify everything, there have been multiple people that have had a typo in their email address that was preventing them from matching and getting their owner priority. Granted, it will only shift your window by a month but that's better than nothing.

What is your time frame for Dual Motor AWD? Mine is now Aug - Oct. (Again I'm a current owner, res online 3/31/16)
Screenshot_20171219-092428.png

My delivery estimate is also Dec 17 to Feb 18. I'm in Florida, own a MS and reserved in August. Seems like these dates in the Delivery Estimator are worthless.......
I mean.... I would like to get the car this month, even though I have not been contacted yet, and nobody else on the West Coast, who reserved on day #1, and owns a Tesla, has got their M3 yet.... at least tell me a somewhat believable lie!

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 55
I am guessing that it's because when they start delivering to east coast, they will already be ramping up to at least the "thousands per week" Elon mentioned on the last call in November. At that rate, they will fill all first day pre reveal orders rather quickly.

~90k worldwide pre reveal, so about 45k in the US. Half will wait for other options, so 23k. They'd already be through early California orders, so let's just say 20k for non owners in CA + everyone else (pre reveal)

If they're doing 2k per week, they'd get through those in 10 weeks. At 5k per week, 4 weeks.

Model 3 Planned Reservation: SR / PUP / EAP in Blue, Grey or White :grin:
Reservation Details: Non-Owner / Pre-Revel Online Deposit / East Coast (NJ)
Current Delivery Estimate: "Early 2018"

Attachments

• Pro Timeline EDIT 11-2017.jpg
    Pro Timeline EDIT 11-2017.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 61

I am East Coast (Florida) and current owner and have Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 on the delivery estimator. Placed order in person late morning 3/31/16 at the store.

The Nov-Jan timeframe isn't looking too realistic anymore, I haven't even configured yet. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: run-the-joules