Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Planned Reservation: SR / PUP / EAP in Blue, Grey or White :grin:
Reservation Details: Non-Owner / Pre-Revel Online Deposit / East Coast (NJ)
Current Delivery Estimate: "Early 2018"

I have doubts they will go 3 full quarters delivering just RWD varieties unless there is a problem sourcing front-motors. Or that front-motor engineering for the car isn't done yet... Could be delaying long enough to hope people switch to the lower price of the MS 75D - not that much more expensive than a long range DWD Model 3.

I am East Coast (Florida) and current owner and have Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 on the delivery estimator. Placed order in person late morning 3/31/16 at the store.

The Nov-Jan timeframe isn't looking too realistic anymore, I haven't even configured yet. ;)

…and if they're already missing targets, I can't imagine they're going to get far enough ahead to catch up to later windows. What's the over-under on another window realignment where we all go back another month (or more)?

Actually it appears they are catching up. They recently moved most east coast reservations up a month sooner.
I feel like that’s just more evidence they’re going to ignore regions within the US for non-owners, if anything. I’m increasingly certain they can’t handle the logistics of delivery efficiently enough to handle any sort of decent production rate without overflowing to other regions.

Current Model S Owner and reserved model 3 in store in Dania, Fl at about 12 pm. Estimated delivery of November '17 -January '18. Nothing about configuration yet. Starting to lose hope on January delivery. For some reasons I think on Christmas Day they are going to open configurations for January delivery, just a strange hunch.

• Love
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Current Model S Owner and reserved model 3 in store in Dania, Fl at about 12 pm. Estimated delivery of November '17 -January '18. Nothing about configuration yet. Starting to lose hope on January delivery. For some reasons I think on Christmas Day they are going to open configurations for January delivery, just a strange hunch.

I Got my reservation around 11am in store but non-owner with ETA Dec-Feb.

I am East Coast (Florida) and current owner and have Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 on the delivery estimator. Placed order in person late morning 3/31/16 at the store.

The Nov-Jan timeframe isn't looking too realistic anymore, I haven't even configured yet. ;)

Same timeframe for me in Tampa here. I think Jan 31st is still very realistic given that deliveries in California seem be 4 weeks on the dot. Jan 3rd would be the theoretical cutoff date for ordering for a January delivery. We got 10 days to go!

Stopped in at the Mount Kisco Sales Office this morning just to see if they knew of any customers who were invited to configure. Not only did they know of some, they have actually delivered 5 vehicles to non-employees! They didn't have very much additional information. When i told them I am a current owner and a first-day reservation holder they felt confident that I would get an email to configure in the next few weeks. This led me to ask about time to delivery from configuration. They did not have definitive information but based upon the lead times on the S and the X they expected 6 - 8 weeks. I mentioned that this does not jive with what has been posted here, but of course they knew nothing else. Upon reflection, I wonder if Tesla is simply making M3's as quickly as they can. Currently, there are very few variants that can be ordered. In order to speed production, there is really no need to truly produce a built to order vehicle. They can batch colors and wheels and then match cars to orders.