Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Waiting Room - AWD - Non-Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were we supposed to wait until contacted by DA before filling out the loan info?
2 weeks ago it asked for my tesla loan info and to fill out an app(which i did)now my page says
“We’re drafting up your contract...”
Nothing since then.
I reserved 10/2016
Ordered 6/28
Cherry hill pick up

Were we supposed to wait until contacted by DA before filling out the loan info?
2 weeks ago it asked for my tesla loan info and to fill out an app(which i did)now my page says
Nothing since then.
I reserved 10/2016
Ordered 6/28
Cherry hill pick up

Were you contacted by someone to fill out the application? Or did you happen to see the link was opened up on your account page.....checking mult times a day like probably most of us on the board? We’re you approved for the loan and given a rate? If so the 30day clock is probably already counting down.

Not sure what we’re really supposed to do. If we’re jumping the gun or if Tesla is backlogged/overwhelmed.

Nothing since then.
I reserved 10/2016
Ordered 6/28
Cherry hill pick up
This is what my page shows:
Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery
Overview
Next Steps
Order Summary
Next steps: Submit Final Payment

Please submit a secure payment for your Tesla directly from your checking or savings account. We do not accept credit card payments.

Est. Amount Due xxxxxx

Total Vehicle Price xxxxxx

The transaction details presented above represent Tesla's best estimate for your final payment terms. Some of the charges, including tax and registration fees, are outside of Tesla's control and must be calculated finally on the day of delivery, and are therefore subject to potential changes.

Next Steps

Pay amount Due at Delivery

I have delivery scheduled for 9/26 so I already applied for financing. If you have a delivery date I would think it’d be a good time to apply for a loan if delivery is scheduled within 30 days.

So I don’t have delivery schedule yet but was prompted to enter financial info(tesla loan)
Now screen shows this for past 2 weeks

Attachments

• BA35CE67-F461-4D2E-AEF4-D2C43F64C5FD.png
    BA35CE67-F461-4D2E-AEF4-D2C43F64C5FD.png
    452.5 KB · Views: 96
Picked my AWD at Manhasset. The delivery was rushed and they do not give you enough time to thoroughly inspect the car.

I arrived 40 minutes early. Checked in. Was told my car is not on site yet. They have to drive it from their Syosset site and it's suppose to arrive at the delivery center by the time of my actual appointment. I walked around the mall and returned 5 minutes before my schedule appointment. As I walked to the door, the car pulls up. They back it in to the charging spot out front. I start my inspection. I managed to look at the car for 3-5 minutes and take pics of problem spots during that time. By the end of my 5 minute time around the car, I was brought in to sign papers and pay. Before walking in, they unplugged my car. I asked, can we possibly leave it in to get more charging done (car had about 140 mi. left). He said "No, we have other business to take care of." Needless to say, left a very sour taste in my mouth, but whatever that was the least of my concerns.

After I completed the administrative stuff, we went back out. They sat me in the car and taught me the basic stuff. I reminded the advisor that I need to have pics taken to document the problem areas. The whole time, he seemed very rushed and trying to brush off concerns. I could tel that he was trying as best as he good and I understand the number of deliveries that had to be done.

All in all, this whole process felt rushed, cheapened the entire process of getting a brand new car. I'm very disappointed with the experience, but I definitively love the car.

I asked about the model 3 toy car, they apparently don't have anymore, nor do they plan on getting more.

I also did not get my "window sticker."

The car was "prepped" for delivery but not detailed. Windshield had cake of dust. Adhesive residue still left on the windows.

That's all I could think of that may be of interest to people still waiting.

Picked my AWD at Manhasset. The delivery was rushed and they do not give you enough time to thoroughly inspect the car.

I arrived 40 minutes early. Checked in. Was told my car is not on site yet. They have to drive it from their Syosset site and it's suppose to arrive at the delivery center by the time of my actual appointment. I walked around the mall and returned 5 minutes before my schedule appointment. As I walked to the door, the car pulls up. They back it in to the charging spot out front. I start my inspection. I managed to look at the car for 3-5 minutes and take pics of problem spots during that time. By the end of my 5 minute time around the car, I was brought in to sign papers and pay. Before walking in, they unplugged my car. I asked, can we possibly leave it in to get more charging done (car had about 140 mi. left). He said "No, we have other business to take care of." Needless to say, left a very sour taste in my mouth, but whatever that was the least of my concerns.

After I completed the administrative stuff, we went back out. They sat me in the car and taught me the basic stuff. I reminded the advisor that I need to have pics taken to document the problem areas. The whole time, he seemed very rushed and trying to brush off concerns. I could tel that he was trying as best as he good and I understand the number of deliveries that had to be done.

All in all, this whole process felt rushed, cheapened the entire process of getting a brand new car. I'm very disappointed with the experience, but I definitively love the car.

I asked about the model 3 toy car, they apparently don't have anymore, nor do they plan on getting more.

The car was "prepped" for delivery but not detailed. Windshield had cake of dust. Adhesive residue still left on the windows.

Wtf? “Other business to take care of?” You’re probably better off they didn’t detail it from all the other stories here about botched detailing at the service centers. I’ll clean it myself and take it straight to get PPF. If there are any major issues, hopefully my detailer will inform me and I can then bring it up to the SC.

Was it driven from syosset to manhasset and not flat bedded? How many miles on the ODO? What kind of problem areas did you have? Any Missing fender liner plugs? Sounds like a crappy experience. I’ll probably be taking delivery from manhasset to. Although when placed the order...I got a message that my car would be delivered to me based on my address. I do live closer to syosset than I do manhasset.

Was it driven from syosset to manhasset and not flat bedded? How many miles on the ODO? What kind of problem areas did you have? Any Missing fender liner plugs? Sounds like a crappy experience. I’ll probably be taking delivery from manhasset to. Although when placed the order...I got a message that my car would be delivered to me based on my address. I do live closer to syosset than I do manhasset.

I had 18 miles on the odometer. It was driven to the store front. Did not see any flatbed.

Reactions: Snow Drift
Just got the email to schedule pick up from Richmond VA on the 20th of this month.
Reserved: 5/27/18 I am truly sorry for anyone I went over
AWD NON P
Red/White seats
19" wheels
EAP
September 20th delivery day

Last edited:
Reactions: fallen888