Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Waiting Room - AWD - Non-Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to toss in another data point:
Just took delivery today (8/11), AWD Non-Pref, VIN 54k at Rockville, MD. Ordered 5/23, early first day line waiter, etc. etc. Can't say it was the smoothest delivery experience, but the car is great!

Peter
I am due to pick mine up at Rockville, MD..... Any recommendation? I do want to inspect the car before singing and handing check. Do they let you do that?

If you are getting a VIN under 90K, then it likely means your car did not pass QA and required some minor work, most commonly paint correction
So, according to the shipping website my VIN 77XXX was delivered to Richmond, CA along with 6 or 7 similar VIN ranges on 8/31. This makes sense because I received my VIN 8/27.

Actually, thinking about this, if this is indeed the case that would be great. I’d rather have my car “reworked” at the factory rather than showing up at the service center with defects. Especially if it was paint related. I’d hope the factory repainting would be way better and more consistent than having the vehicle go to a body shop once delivered.

Have to admit seeing everyone get delievery dates and picking up their car is getting me down, feels like it is never going to happen. I reserved 7/2017 and ordered 6/27/18. Red, AWD, EAP, 19's. It's been crickets since 6/27 and have not had an edit button since early July.

Finally called Tesla today and the CSR said he could see some movement on my account, should be getting a DA and Vin # assigned soon, but he could not say when. Hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. Current lease has to go back at the end of the month so will be borrowing cars from family members for a little while.

It would be nice if everyone posting to this thread included the first 2-3 digits of their VIN.

The 100k VINs hit the east coast about a week ago.

If you are getting a VIN under 90K, then it likely means your car did not pass QA and required some minor work, most commonly paint correction. It takes Tesla 1-3 weeks to ship cars from CA, and then 1-4 weeks (varies by market) to correct body and paint issues.

My VIN is 87xxx; Tesla said it needed minor paint work.

I reached out to my DA He gave me the build date of 8/26. So it seems it wasn't reworked that fits into the transport time line.

Have to admit seeing everyone get delievery dates and picking up their car is getting me down, feels like it is never going to happen. I reserved 7/2017 and ordered 6/27/18. Red, AWD, EAP, 19's. It's been crickets since 6/27 and have not had an edit button since early July.

Finally called Tesla today and the CSR said he could see some movement on my account, should be getting a DA and Vin # assigned soon, but he could not say when. Hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. Current lease has to go back at the end of the month so will be borrowing cars from family members for a little while.

Don't worry.. if you are following the trackers.. Tesla will be begging you to pickup the car soon after the Q3 madness is over in two weeks. They have to sell all the ones they are building and not much demand beyond the initial config end of June/July. Similar to RWD, it is just matter of weeks before they call you the moment folks hit the submit order button. Honestly, it is better not to get into the mess with so many quality and delivery issues going on now and gonna going to get worse for the next two weeks. You car might be rolling off the lane in CA anytime now or might be sitting in the rail yard for its trip. They may not be calling you since the delivery may not happen before 9/30 to help them meet the profit commitments.

I am due to pick mine up at Rockville, MD..... Any recommendation? I do want to inspect the car before singing and handing check. Do they let you do that?
What do you mean do they let you inspect first??? DEMAND IT BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM THE CHECK!! Is this your first car purchase? And for the record, no "singing" is allowed in a showroom or delivery center. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Cyb_ and fallen888
So, according to the shipping website my VIN 77XXX was delivered to Richmond, CA along with 6 or 7 similar VIN ranges on 8/31. This makes sense because I received my VIN 8/27.

Actually, thinking about this, if this is indeed the case that would be great. I’d rather have my car “reworked” at the factory rather than showing up at the service center with defects. Especially if it was paint related. I’d hope the factory repainting would be way better and more consistent than having the vehicle go to a body shop once delivered.

That’s interesting. I see you have an expected delivery day of the 17th. According to the tracker my car was delivered to Richmand on 8/25...almost 1 week before you. My expected delivery day i think is the 24th. My IDA is not the greatest in responding to emails and providing information. He initially said he expects the car to arrive the week of 17th and gives me deliver options of 20th or 21st and then goes silent. Then answers several days later and gives me time options for the 24th and goes silent again.

I refused delivery at Manhasset due to bubbles and a more noticeable dark scratch in the front bumper. Vin was 56XXX, currently being rematched for a new one.

IMG_9730.JPG IMG_9728.JPG

That’s interesting. I see you have an expected delivery day of the 17th. According to the tracker my car was delivered to Richmand on 8/25...almost 1 week before you. My expected delivery day i think is the 24th. My IDA is not the greatest in responding to emails and providing information. He initially said he expects the car to arrive the week of 17th and gives me deliver options of 20th or 21st and then goes silent. Then answers several days later and gives me time options for the 24th and goes silent again.
What tracker are you using? I keep getting VIN is invalid when I use United road

Dood are you me? Exactly the same config, exactly the same state so gives me hope that they didn't fubar my order! *sugar* I even ordered off my dad's account who has a Tesla X!

I refused delivery at Manhasset due to bubbles and a more noticeable dark scratch in the front bumper. Vin was 56XXX, currently being rematched for a new one.

View attachment 335090 View attachment 335091

It took me a while to find out what was wrong in the first pic...but I’m guessing its the white scratch? Do you think that could have just been buffed out? I still can’t find anything in the second pic(drivers side). It seems they drive the cars over from Syosset....maybe the scratch happened in transit? Did it seem fresh?

What tracker are you using? I keep getting VIN is invalid when I use United road

The one I checked was united road....don’t know of any other one. United only showed the one delivery back on the 25th....and nothing else.

[QUOTE="
Dood are you me? Exactly the same config, exactly the same state so gives me hope that they didn't fubar my order! *sugar* I even ordered off my dad's account who has a Tesla X!
[/QUOTE]

Are you picking up in Springfield as well? I suppose we can hope that we get cars when the next batch of red gets sent to NJ..

It took me a while to find out what was wrong in the first pic...but I’m guessing its the white scratch? Do you think that could have just been buffed out? I still can’t find anything in the second pic(drivers side). It seems they drive the cars over from Syosset....maybe the scratch happened in transit? Did it seem fresh?

Sorry about the low quality pics, here's the higher quality versions. Can't edit the original post now.
IMG_9727.JPG IMG_9728.JPG IMG_9729.JPG IMG_9730.JPG

Can you see the defects now? The solution was repaint, and I didn't want to go down that route.

I just got a new vin 97XXX leaving California with delivery probably on Sept 30 at Manhasset.

Sorry about the low quality pics, here's the higher quality versions. Can't edit the original post now.
View attachment 335325 View attachment 335326 View attachment 335327 View attachment 335328

Can you see the defects now? The solution was repaint, and I didn't want to go down that route.

I just got a new vin 97XXX leaving California with delivery probably on Sept 30 at Manhasset.

You should get the credit for making Elon jacking up the RED paint cost today from $2000 to $2500 I guess :) .. you did the right thing. if you are not happy you should do what make sense to you as it is your money. Fixing post delivery is not in our best interest especially paint issues.

Reactions: qwertzy
View attachment 335325 View attachment 335326 View attachment 335327 View attachment 335328

I still don’t see anything. But at least you don’t have to wait that long...2 more weeks doesnt seem that bad!! I’m still waiting for mine to arrive...and I was first contacted by my IDA on 9/4.

- non-owner
- raleigh, nc, us delivery
- lr awd | pup | eap | midnight | tst 19” grey turbines ordered
- res online 7/4/17 | inv 6/28/18 | conf 6/30/18 | isa 9/6/18 | scheduled for 9/27/18 (received email 9/15 of switch to home delivery due to delivery center operational issues)