Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easter Egg for X only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on version 2.50.114 and i get the start instructions screen with "modelxmas" but when I start it, it does three deep bass thumps then quits. Frustrating.
You must have been naughty. Did you post anything negative about Tesla in the past 4 weeks? If so, St. Elon Musk has software limited this Easter Egg.:rolleyes:

Or if you want a more useful answer, just wait until @andrewket posts something more thoughtful.

Last edited:
Mine is not playing. I type in ModelXmas and Mars and Holidays and I get nothing. Is it possible the new cars are not getting this update? I picked up a new X only a week ago. Anyone? Maybe it needs Wi-fi and mine isn't strong enough? I have a 100D fully loaded. I haven't seen an update in the last few days... Mine says 8.0 (2.46.30)

Last edited:
This seems to occur when the car detects an obstacle. Move the car.

It wasn't detecting an obstacle as it was in a clear area of my driveway, but it was within the geofencing perimeter of my garage where it detects the ceiling. So it refused to run out of caution. Moved the car and it worked fine, though my girls were embarrassed by the noise level. Looking forward to showing it off to my extended family tomorrow night.

It wasn't detecting an obstacle as it was in a clear area of my driveway, but it was within the geofencing perimeter of my garage where it detects the ceiling. So it refused to run out of caution.
If you pull out of your garage it won't work. But I suspect if you came from somewhere else and parked in your driveway it probably would. This is how my FWD restrictions seem to work. It errors on the safe side.

Reactions: number12