Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Huntsville site today and spoke to the crew supervisor who confirmed the site would be operational by end of August at the latest and possibly sooner. He also confirmed that there will be no additional delays with the transformer or the local utility connecting the site (as we have seen at some other sites).

I'll post some new pictures in a couple of days before I head back to Mississauga. Conveniently, my parents live about 700 meters from the site so I will get lots of use out of this when I visit them.

Reactions: Jaff
I'm near Parry Sound this week and haven't seen any activity in the obvious spots.

Part of me wonders if people were mixing up Parry Sound and Huntsville when talking about the SC going in there. Parry Sound was never on the official map and still isn't. It could be that whomever in Toronto made an error in talking to the reporter. I hope this isn't the case.

... Parry Sound was never on the official map and still isn't. It could be that whomever in Toronto made an error in talking to the reporter. I hope this isn't the case.

Three of the four locations currently open in Quebec were never on any official map until they went on line. Meanwhile, four Quebec locations have appeared on maps at various times, but of them only Drummondville has materialized and that was after being in "coming soon" status for 15 months. The maps are very rarely updated as far as projected sites, so I wouldn't count Parry Sound out.

Also, the Tesla Motors official facebook posted the link to the story without providing any correction.

Three of the four locations currently open in Quebec were never on any official map until they went on line. Meanwhile, four Quebec locations have appeared on maps at various times, but of them only Drummondville has materialized and that was after being in "coming soon" status for 15 months. The maps are very rarely updated as far as projected sites, so I wouldn't count Parry Sound out.

Also, the Tesla Motors official facebook posted the link to the story without providing any correction.

That would be great. Fingers crossed. I guess I'm suspicious because a few weeks ago they were "about to break ground" in Parry Sound, but in actuality were starting work in Huntsville.

I'm quite puzzled as to why Tesla isn't a little more open about what their construction plans are. It would seem that this is a fairly easy thing for the local service center to do. Tesla clearly has somebody in charge of SC construction in each general area.

That would be great. Fingers crossed. I guess I'm suspicious because a few weeks ago they were "about to break ground" in Parry Sound, but in actuality were starting work in Huntsville.

I'm quite puzzled as to why Tesla isn't a little more open about what their construction plans are. It would seem that this is a fairly easy thing for the local service center to do. Tesla clearly has somebody in charge of SC construction in each general area.
Tesla has lots of engineers working on problems, designs, roll-outs, etc. I don't think they have any marketing people in that organization, so their communication is pretty non-existent right now.

I hope that means something. Tesla has made its share of peculiar statements, and it's possible that someone in media relations in California wouldn't be supremely careful at this point about the difference between Parry Sound and Huntsville.

Tesla's recent announcement and invitations to celebrate 4 or 5 billion kilometers mixed up billion and million.

Because as soon as they tell the public what the plan is, and given the growth rate, something inevitably changes and then people get dissapointed.

Reactions: Chuq
I have it from a reliable source that Parry Sound is a go. I was under the impression that it had started but maybe they are not quite at the physical construction phase. Keep on the lookout.

Same here Fraser...Parry Sound and Huntsville will have Superchargers.:)

Would like to start seeing a shift out East though...RDL must come online soon, and New Brunswick really needs to be dealt with...it would be great to get the route to Halifax open in time for next year's summer season

UPDATE from Huntsville:

New pictures below. Good progress.

The crew in Huntsville told me that Parry Sound is already under construction with another crew but they do not know the address.

Attachments

• 20160721_121043[1].jpg
    20160721_121043[1].jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20160721_121051[1].jpg
    20160721_121051[1].jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20160721_121129[1].jpg
    20160721_121129[1].jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 78
Tesla's recent announcement and invitations to celebrate 4 or 5 billion kilometers mixed up billion and million.

Let's hope they didn't tell authorities they're aware of one traffic death per 1.4 million miles driven with autopilot activated instead of 1.4 billion.

On a more serious note, one source says the June lull in new sites breaking ground in North America was due to Supercharging equipment being out of stock. If there really is a scarcity causing delays in Quebec they better lock down new Ontario, New York, and New England sites. Otherwise, someone might show up in a truck and to redloy the supplies to Riviere-du-Loup.

UPDATE from Huntsville:

New pictures below. Good progress.

The crew in Huntsville told me that Parry Sound is already under construction with another crew but they do not know the address.

I am 10 minutes from Parry Sound this week. I have looked at most of the obvious spots and have seen no activity.

Really! Maybe we have to start a rumor that there are some rare Pokemon located at the new supercharger location in Parry Sound. We should have the location pinned down within minutes as dozens of kids trample the workers at the site.