Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the fact that there were murmurings of an Ottawa site, and nothing has happened, makes me think they had negotiated a site and then it fell through. This has happened elsewhere - probably not that uncommon. At this point I really doubt that we'll have a Supercharger in 2016.

So the fact that there were murmurings of an Ottawa site, and nothing has happened, makes me think they had negotiated a site and then it fell through. This has happened elsewhere - probably not that uncommon. At this point I really doubt that we'll have a Supercharger in 2016.
That has happened with a fair number of sites that are still shown on the 2016 list. I'm sure they'll soon relable this the 2017 and most of them and many other will suddenly appear. It is hard to imagine Ottawa will not be on that list. That said a couple of Superchargers mysteriously opened before there were official stated plans, if posts on TMC have been accurate.

As of this evening, the Kingston supercharger still has only 4 out of 6 stalls working. 1A has no cable and the TESLA lights are out; 2A has lights on and the button pops the charge port open, but the car says "Check charger power" when you connect it. The other 4 are working. I called Tesla and they said they'd let the supercharger team know, but I expect they already know and just haven't fixed it yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
I have used the Kingston Supercharger almost ten times and been the only one there except twice when there was one other car. Lawrence is the only charger that always has lots of cars but the service center is always using several spots.
IMG_20160825_145837.jpg

Reactions: SSD420 and Lex
I spoke with Tesla on a recent road trip in the US and found (along with my experience) that individual stalls could go a long time without being repaired. Tesla's amiably supplied list of SCh stalls on part of my trip that were non-functional or functioning at well below rated kW was long. It was also inaccurate.

Here's hoping that slow repairs speed up, at least as more cars need the SChs.

With all the ev's coming in a few years with good range, Tesla's real advantage is the SC network. This will be their "edge" and they really need to keep it up. If this sort of thing becomes the norm, then they are in trouble long term. Now to be devil's advocate, they must be going full out to get the model 3 out in time. If there is trouble with the 3 that is a disaster. So I can see where their priorities lay.

I have found that using non-tesla charging stations throughout the province, although pretty life saving, quite dreadful.

Non-Superchargers just take way too long to charge. Just these passed couple of weeks, I can recall taking several 2-4 hour forced naps when charging just to get home. Don't get me wrong, this isn't always the norm, but I do a ton of driving. More superchargers are needed.

I don't even bother trying to go to the Lawrence SC during the day.

For my home charger, I did the upgraded amperage on my MX. When I'm at the cottage and see 5+ hours to charge (to 90%) I just cringe.

Winter is coming. This will be my first winter with an EV. My range anxiety is definitely back, full force.