Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the best place to eat there by far, I always make a point of eating there while charging. Worst Ontario SuC I've been to as far as food choices has to be Comber, especially for dinner :-(

I don't mind A&W, but my wife hates fast food, and it seems we always arrive at Comber around meal time.

In Comber, we walked into town and ate a decent dinner at "Peter's Kitchen" with a whole bunch of locals.

Nice. How far of a walk is it?

Just a quick question, is possible for a 90D to drive from Richmond Hill to Cornwall supercharger nonstop? I can reduce my speed to a reasonable level, say obeying the speed limit. Google map says 433KM.

According to EV trip planner you'll need 543 rated km for your 433 km drive with a starting 100% charge. This does not account for any head wind or wet road. In other words, charge in Kingston.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff
Just a quick question, is possible for a 90D to drive from Richmond Hill to Cornwall supercharger nonstop? I can reduce my speed to a reasonable level, say obeying the speed limit. Google map says 433KM.

That's really pushing it. You would have to drive below the speed limit to have any safety margin. I would not attempt it.

Also remember that we're coming into colder temperatures now. If it's getting down towards 0C you're going to start losing some range.

Reactions: Jaff
Unless that's you final destination, I wouldn't. The Cornwall charger is pretty far from the highway( equal to Lawrence from the 401). Speed up and stop at Kingston. The time is about the same.

I went Toronto to Montreal and back last week and on the way there I used the Kingston and Cornwall chargers and on the way back only did the Kingston charger.

• Helpful
Reactions: vandacca
Woodstock / Houlton?
Has anyone done any prowling for permits for Woodstock NB / Houlton Maine? It is still on the Tesla Supercharger map for 2016 although I have my doubts this late in the year. I am kind of wondering if there is anything to be found on this. This is a pretty critical location for the Maritimes. Any news?

Reactions: 5YJSA
Well, as a Maritimer living in South Carolina, let me chime in and say that Tesla just opened a supercharger in Columbia, SC with no blue dot on supercharge.info or other rumor. It was a huge, but welcome, surprise. Point is, you never know. I agree Woodstock is pretty critical. But what ever happened to Levis???

Add one year to whatever's on the map and you'll be about right. Sometimes, you will be disappointed when it ends up being two years after the posted year, but other times you will be pleasantly surprised when Tesla meets its posted goals.
It has already been two years, because it was posted on the map back when the Rivière du Loup SC was posted. I figure it will be another Rivière du Loup and might get done by next fall but it will eventually come. When it does it truly will be very useful for getting to and from the Maritimes. I have made many trips now to Nova Scotia and each new SC expanding the network east is a lovely thing.

It has already been two years, because it was posted on the map back when the Rivière du Loup SC was posted...

That is true, the projected New Brunswick site has been on the map since January 2015, but only when clicking on "2016". This is the image from then of "2015."

Supercharger-2015-pp.jpg

I believe Levis/Quebec is the only location still missing from it. However, if you include 2016 there was Ottawa, North Bay and Sudbury as well as Woodstock, NB.

Note that Montreal doesn't appear, though the two stalls at the Montreal Center were just waiting for utility hookup at the time.

It has already been two years, because it was posted on the map back when the Rivière du Loup SC was posted. I figure it will be another Rivière du Loup and might get done by next fall but it will eventually come. When it does it truly will be very useful for getting to and from the Maritimes. I have made many trips now to Nova Scotia and each new SC expanding the network east is a lovely thing.

The best route to NB for those travelling from Canada is still Magog->Bangor->[slow driving to as far as you can get]. :-(

Moncton is just within reach of the bigger battery packs, in the summer. There is a moderate amount of of level 2 charging in NB at hotels, and in Moncton in particular. From Moncton, with a full charge, any modern Tesla can get to Halifax, where there is chademo.

The best route to NB for those travelling from Canada is still Magog->Bangor->[slow driving to as far as you can get]. :-(

Moncton is just within reach of the bigger battery packs, in the summer. There is a moderate amount of of level 2 charging in NB at hotels, and in Moncton in particular. From Moncton, with a full charge, any modern Tesla can get to Halifax, where there is chademo.

Should Quebec ever separate from Canada, it will be a lot easier to get from Ontario to New Brunswick as we can charge in Cornwall and it will get us to Moncton easily within half an hour or so! Lol!

That is the way we came back to Ontario this August. Drove through some real moose country (literally... we had to stop for a moose once on the road) and totally misjudged in assuming that there would be a small motel between the Augusta, Maine Supercharger and Magog. Ended up getting into Magog and finding a hotel at about 3:00 am. Now with the new Bangor Supercharger would not have to go down to Augusta, I assume.