Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have an update on the Barrie Ontario Super Charger installation?
Hello everyone,
I have been corresponding with the Supercharger team and recently asked about Barrie.
See below for their response. The most recent is about Barrie specifically, the second I shared at our meeting on Tuesday but I’m including it here as it is an update on all the locations.
They are recommending that if we call or email the city we could help expedite the installation.
I did some research and the location is at Bayview and Mapleview in the Park Place development.
I was told that they are waiting for an amendment to the site plan.
I have left a voice mail for Ryan Windle who is the Manager of Development Control for Barrie. He is away until Monday.
Perhaps if some of us sent a short polite email to him expressing the urgency it would help. His address is [email protected]
Thanks
John

Hi John,
Pardon the delay; I was waiting to see if the City had comments early in the week but we haven’t heard back just yet. Any positive, encouraging calls or emails to the City/ Planning department would be helpful at this point. We’ve been working closely with the City the last few months and they have been supportive of the project but recently the response time has slowed. Of course, we are ready to break ground before the weather turns and look forward to having the station operational as quickly as possible.

If we hear anything from the city, I will let you know.

Thanks,
Sara

Hi John,
Thanks for the note. We are glad to see Kingston into construction and look forward to enabling Toronto to Montreal. Barrie, Comber, and Woodstock are all with their respective municipalities for approval. The cold weather is something we’re cognizant of and we are using expedited paths to ensure construction begins as quickly as possible.

Barrie will likely be the next site entering construction in Eastern Canada. Our plans are with the City for final approval, and we already have a contractor selected. Any local owner support here is welcomed as the review has taken longer than expected.

As discussed previously, Comber has a long zoning and permitting timeline and requires approval from the Ministry of Transportation. The City has been very responsive so far, and we remain hopeful that opening by end of year is achievable.

Woodstock is nearly through Zoning and Permitting. Depending on how long the Barrie review takes, Woodstock could break ground on a similar schedule.

Buffalo, NY just received a unanimous Zoning approval and is moving onto a Permitting review before breaking ground. Buffalo will be accompanied by several other sites east along I-90 making travel to Florida possible down I-95 via I-89 or I-87.

Feel free to share these updates with the club,
Sara

Will there be a SC between Kingston and Toronto Lawrence? It's 248km so a bit tight in winter. I tought I had seen Belleville in the planning from Tesla. Don't see it anymore.

There was a "red dot" on the map somewhere in that vicinity for a long time, but it disappeared a while back. I've raised the issue with Tesla.

It's not a problem in the summer, but in the worst part of winter you're going to be in the "gotta be really careful" mode - charge almost full up, take 'er easy on the speed, maybe do a little drafting. New owners who don't know this are probably going to get themselves in trouble.

I would encourage everyone here to also contact Tesla about this.

There was a "red dot" on the map somewhere in that vicinity for a long time, but it disappeared a while back. I've raised the issue with Tesla.

It's not a problem in the summer, but in the worst part of winter you're going to be in the "gotta be really careful" mode - charge almost full up, take 'er easy on the speed, maybe do a little drafting. New owners who don't know this are probably going to get themselves in trouble.

I would encourage everyone here to also contact Tesla about this.

People did Cornwall -> Toronto in the summer. I would hope Kingston -> Toronto would work in the winter !

:-( Instead of Belleville maybe Cobourg would have been great to keep the + or - 130km between SC

I agree that Cobourg would be a good location. I drive from Ottawa to Hamilton or Waterloo to visit kids and would prefer to have the option of taking the 407 around Toronto without having to get to Lawrence St. It's not very often that Hwy 401 isn't busy through Toronto.

The new Montreal Service center that is currently in construction seems to have superchargers construction underway. I took pictures of them digging in front of the building on Friday but a local member did the most recent discovery today, we've got Sonotubes installed in pairs! I think we can officially declare that there will be Superchargers right there! I see room for 4 there.

Source: http://forum.roulezelectrique.com/f...e-salle-de-montre-de-montréal?p=3690#post3690

image_654.jpg
image_655.jpg

The new Montreal Service center that is currently in construction seems to have superchargers construction underway. I took pictures of them digging in front of the building on Friday but a local member did the most recent discovery today, we've got Sonotubes installed in pairs! I think we can officially declare that there will be Superchargers right there! I see room for 4 there.

Source: http://forum.roulezelectrique.com/f...e-salle-de-montre-de-montréal?p=3690#post3690

Yes, I had heard that Superchargers were definitely being installed at the Montreal store. I spoke to a Hydro Quebec technician at the site a month ago.