Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So HE was the one that broke it. No wonder he didn't report it on Plugshare.

You're right regarding the lack of improvements in charging infrastructure. The one exception I'd note is that Tesla has paid for many destination chargers, especially in NB. Not only for the hardware, but also the installation. It's very easy to get a hotel room for cheap with 48A charging compared to every other province I've driven through.

I'll be writing a sternly worded letter to Add Energie / Circuit electrique / Flo soon outlining a case for 48A chargers as a minimum when payment is accepted. 30A is WAY TOO LOW in cold climates.

I'm with you, but would prefer the 72/80A solution going forward. With the Model 3s coming soon enough, the availability of chargers will get full and backlogged quickly. It should make it more viable to allow people to get to the next working SC in a minimum of time. I'm noticing more and more of the Model Ss on new inventory have the high amperage charger module as part of the build - a sign of things to come?

View attachment 219723

Photo for my comment above. At least two inventory/service vehicles plugged in at midnight in Toronto.
Wow!
This has to stop! You should put a yellow "icing" parking ticket you can download off the internet. This will send a message to the service department that they are not above any "etiquette" law.
And so what about the billing for these cars while they sit overnight?
Is Tesla not billing for service vehicles? Double standard!
I'm tempted to purposely go out of my way and get an old gas car and just park the damn thing in front of those cars with the air removed so it will be hard to move it.
That should get the message across! Anyone with an old beater?
Lol!

Wow!
This has to stop! You should put a yellow "icing" parking ticket you can download off the internet. This will send a message to the service department that they are not above any "etiquette" law.
And so what about the billing for these cars while they sit overnight?
Is Tesla not billing for service vehicles? Double standard!
I'm tempted to purposely go out of my way and get an old gas car and just park the damn thing in front of those cars with the air removed so it will be hard to move it.
That should get the message across! Anyone with an old beater?
Lol!

Its definitely not a truck putting it there. These are Tesla Service reps parking the vehicles there to charge. Last week I had about 10km of range left when I arrived to the Lawrence Super Charger...and all were packed....There were a total of 3 of us waiting for the super chargers to clear up...and I noticed 2 of the cars were "brand new" with the plastic on it still and went inside to speak to a service rep...they promptly ended up moving 4 of them at the same time!

Most of the superchargers being used all the time at Lawrence are being used by the service guys which I think is brutal given that:
1) Its always packed
2) Amperage is cut by half as its shared with the A/B chargers. So I now have to wait double to get my charge.

Definitely not the 30 mins for 80% Elon touts....

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
Its definitely not a truck putting it there. These are Tesla Service reps parking the vehicles there to charge. Last week I had about 10km of range left when I arrived to the Lawrence Super Charger...and all were packed....There were a total of 3 of us waiting for the super chargers to clear up...and I noticed 2 of the cars were "brand new" with the plastic on it still and went inside to speak to a service rep...they promptly ended up moving 4 of them at the same time!

Most of the superchargers being used all the time at Lawrence are being used by the service guys which I think is brutal given that:
1) Its always packed
2) Amperage is cut by half as its shared with the A/B chargers. So I now have to wait double to get my charge.

Definitely not the 30 mins for 80% Elon touts....
As I said, you need to bring those yellow "icing" tickets you can download and put them on the cars there, Tesla or not.
They are actually white but print them on yellow paper!
I always have some in my car ready to place on the windshield of suspect cars!
It's an absolute travesty this is happening!

I was desperate for a charge a few weeks ago and arrived at Lawrence with all stalls full. I went inside and someone came up to me to see if they could help me. Told them I was waiting for a stall and they were very helpful. Said it was a very busy day (nice weather for a change) and that I should wait at the back super-charger with my indicator to ensure someone doesn't jump the queue in front of me. He also said he was waiting to charge a customer's car in for repair and that he would wait until I was done.

I ended up waiting about 5-7 minutes, which wasn't too bad. By the time I left 25 minutes later, there were 2 additional spots open. I found that the staff person I spoke to was aware of the delicate nature of the situation. It felt like they were trying to balance their needs with those of customer's supercharging needs.

I was desperate for a charge a few weeks ago and arrived at Lawrence with all stalls full. I went inside and someone came up to me to see if they could help me. Told them I was waiting for a stall and they were very helpful. Said it was a very busy day (nice weather for a change) and that I should wait at the back super-charger with my indicator to ensure someone doesn't jump the queue in front of me. He also said he was waiting to charge a customer's car in for repair and that he would wait until I was done.

I ended up waiting about 5-7 minutes, which wasn't too bad. By the time I left 25 minutes later, there were 2 additional spots open. I found that the staff person I spoke to was aware of the delicate nature of the situation. It felt like they were trying to balance their needs with those of customer's supercharging needs.

I think a solution to this should be them having an internal supercharger at the service bay for the repairs, loaners, etc.. and probably expand the Lawrence one for the public more, especially given that with M3 coming, the already full line ups will just grow

This is the ultimate Iced spot!!!!
IMG_2951.JPG

This is the ultimate Iced spot!!!!View attachment 220758

This is something I don't understand - no power charging points. So, essentially, it's a bunch of reserved parking lot spaces unless they're planning on adding charging in the future. In this case, it's not ICEing and really it's fine to park there especially given there's virtually no cars parked there otherwise - there's even a Honda Fit directly behind this beast.

Well, here we are the beginning of April and no sign whatsoever of any new SC construction here in Canada. I see no evidence of anything happening this year, especially in the Ottawa area. I hope I am dead wrong!
I think it took a while for things to get going last year and they did them all late in the summer. I am guessing that they will get them down - such as the ones in Sudbury, North Bay, Ottawa and Petawawa (or wherever that other one is along the Ottawa River), not to mention the two or so more for the GTA.