Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the same money, couldnt they put like 50 L2 stations in? Wouldn't that make more sense? The only use case I can think of for L3 is a drop off/pick up of another party, which in that case it is super handy. It's great that they are taking interest tho. Are they free to use? Is there anything 24 hours nearby that could be the chademo lender?
I vote zets. If not then maybe a.... Gas station....

Just got this in my mailbox FLO partners with Cadillac Fairview to provide charging services at 15 shopping centres in Canada | FLO

FLO is pleased to announce a major partnership with Cadillac Fairview to roll out fast chargers and standard (Level 2) charging stations at 15 CF shopping centres in Ontario, Quebec, New-Brunswick and Manitoba.

Each site will initially be equipped with one fast charger and two Level 2 charging stations and configured so additional charging stations can be added according to demand.

Overall, 15 new fast chargers and 30 Level 2 charging stations will be added to the FLO network, which already boasts 3,000 charging stations across Canada.

Cadillac Fairview already has around 60 charging stations at its properties. These charging stations will be fully converted and integrated into the FLO network in the coming months.

Cadillac Fairview properties that will join the FLO network

CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto
CF Fairview Mall, Toronto
CF Sherway Gardens, Toronto
CF Shops at Don Mills, Toronto
CF Fairview Park, Kitchener
CF Lime Ridge, Hamilton
CF Markville, Markham
CF Rideau Centre, Ottawa
CF Masonville, London
CF Polo Park, Winnipeg
CF Champlain, Dieppe
CF Galeries d’Anjou, Montreal
CF Promenades St-Bruno, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville
CF Fairview Pointe Claire, Pointe-Claire
CF Carrefour Laval, Laval
Cadillac Fairview properties that will be integrated into the FLO network

Toronto-Dominion Centre, Toronto
CF Galeries d’Anjou, Montreal
Deloitte Tower, Montreal
CF Chinook Centre, Calgary
CF Market Mall, Calgary
Calgary City Centre, Calgary
CF Pacific Centre, Vancouver
Pender Place, Vancouver
HSBC Building, Vancouver
Granville Square, Vancouver

This announcement by Cadillac Fairview is giving me hope that the momentum is finally starting to really get rolling on the ev revolution in this country. More and more retailers, hotels, restaurants, etc are beginning to see the advantages of making access to chargers at their businesses. This will only increase the profile of ev's to the general public and make people realize that ev's are not a fad but becoming more and more mainstream.
My wife was pulling into the Woodstock Supercharger and desperate to get to a washroom but as she got out of our Model S a woman came over immediately to ask about the car and expressed that she wishes she had gotten a Volt instead of the car she just bought. When my wife told her our other car was a Volt she was really stuck . I hope everyone uses any chance they have to proselytize for ev's, and not necessarily just for Teslas.

Last edited:
Reactions: lukex4
Not sure what he said there (no Facebooking here). I just used a Flo card at Welcome | The Electric Circuit chargers near Quebec and was lucky to end with a balance under $2, but it was the only DC charging opportunity which made the trip possible. I could easily have ended up with about $10 sitting on that card for years if I’d just charged a little longer.
The summary of @mknox's facebook post is that he downloaded the Flo app (added $ to it) and also eventually purchased a $15 physical card (which didn't also include a balance for the same amount like most other cards do).

The card balance is different from the app balance (even though they used the same account), so that he couldn't use his credit that he already had for his account. They are 2 separate entities right now. The Chargepoint system works as one would intuitively expect.

Something to watch out for. Also, you can only increase your balance in increments of $10.

Not sure if this is a supercharger review thread anymore but here comes one.

Travelled from Montreal to Toronto and it was pretty easy with plenty of supercharger options and permutations.

Being new we tried to stop at all of the superchargers to get a feel for which ones we'll use in the future. Here are some notes.

Montreal - don't bother going to the tesla store...they have 2 SC, and they are no longer going to show up on the map because they're always rammed full...instead go to the Montreal main supercharger location which I believe has 12 stalls (didn't go there). The tesla store lot is mayhem and the entire time I was there there was a lineup for the 2 SC. There's a few coffee places and a Walmart nearby.

Cornwall - this isn't a great location if you're travelling across the 401 as the superchargers are a good 5-7 minutes off (then 5-7 back on again) the highway. They're in a hotel parking lot and across the street from a Tim Hortons and a few shops, and a McDonalds too IIRC. The street is a busy one so maybe not one you want to drag multiple toddlers across if you're alone. If you're staying at the hotel the chargers are great. Otherwise skip it and plan to power on through to Kingston. I was the only car charging the entire 45 minutes I was there.

Kingston - these are well located in a discount mall parking lot next to a hotel just a minute off the highway. Not great if you're hungry but you can easily kill 30-60 minutes at the various stores. Free charging cost us $200 to charge here (when my wife and I bought a bunch of stuff at Puma and Adidas). One other tesla showed up whole I was there. Black 85D.

Port Hope - stopped here on a couple of occasions. It's well located barely off the highway...ans ammenities wise it's in a quiet part of a parking lot with Harvey's, subway, Tim Hortons and a convenience store at a gas station. Saw zero teslas there the first time and two others there the second time. Charged at 507 km/hr once when I was here which is the highest I've ever seen. This was when there were no other cars and my battery was around 30%.

Toronto tesla store - on the way there it showed 7/8 or 8/8 stalls full most of the time. When we got there one spot was open and we connected. As it was full we were sharing so charging was a bit slow. The stalls are 1a 2a 3a 4a 1b 2b 3b 4b so don't assume that 2 clear spots mean you'll have a dedicated charger... You could be sharing with someone 4 spots down. Not much around here other than the tesla store or a long walk. Stalls were rammed full most of the time with cars from all over the continent interestingly (new York, Manitoba!, Québec, Connecticut)
Kingston has a Boston Pizza and Swiss Chalet. 10 minute walk to a Timmy's.

I agree that Cornwall is a terrible location (both too far from the highway and not convenient with regards to amenities). We actually walked up to the StarBucks a few blocks up last March after a big snow storm, so the sidewalks had large banks of snow.

However, we found we couldn't skip this SuperCharger because we try to avoid Montreal traffic and take the bypass. That means Drummondville to Cornwall is really tight in the winter in a P90D with a tray hitch carrying snowboards.

If you walk across the street (at traffic lights), there is a Panera Bread on the corner (and more shops). We usually stop here for a long while (almost an hour) while we have dinner.
So do we - the Panera Bread is great and not far away and saves shopping $?

Reactions: mrElbe
You would think the Canadian government EV initiative (paid by tax dollars) should include the funding of Tesla Super Chargers. I assume they want to fund generic chargers but if we don't ask, we won't be considered.

The provincial finding (EVCO Program) requires that the chargers be "universal" and I actually support that. I don't believe the government should fund Tesla-specific stations. After all, Teslas can use the CHAdeMO connector on the stations being installed along with every other car on the market that supports DC-Quick charging.

The only federally funded program I know of (since you mentioned Canadian government) are the ones that the Canadian Tire Gas+ stations got some money for. I suspect they are required to be "universally compatible" as well.

Reactions: Jaff
The only federally funded program I know of (since you mentioned Canadian government) are the ones that the Canadian Tire Gas+ stations got some money for. I suspect they are required to be "universally compatible" as well.

Ottawa also has helped funding of numerous CHAdeMO in BC and there's the loan/grant for the ten CHAdeMO/CCS in New Brunswick (same program as the Canadian Tire one in Ontario). Of course, Quebec has far and away the most EVs in Canada, but they don't fund there.

Reactions: Jaff
Happy Easter!
Too bad the Easter Egg on our screens doesn't show the new Superchargers going up in Eastern Canada!
Oh wait.... that's slated for next year!

They probably will not start anything in Quebec until the ground thaws in May, Since Ontario is to the South, maybe they'll break ground sooner there.

Some areas where they may expand are in EV-unaware places, so construction could go on without being noticed (Sudbury or West, for example).

Kingston treated me well earlier this week @ 464 km/hr. Would love to see it full rocket at over 120 kw

2017-04-15%2023.31.11_zpsbqn8r8ji.png

Last edited:
Not sure what he said there (no Facebooking here). I just used a Flo card at Welcome | The Electric Circuit chargers near Quebec and was lucky to end with a balance under $2, but it was the only DC charging opportunity which made the trip possible. I could easily have ended up with about $10 sitting on that card for years if I’d just charged a little longer.
Please people, this thread is only for Supercharging, not the other slow methods!