Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that 6119 Ontario 77, Comber, ON appeared on Supercharger.Info as being in the planning stage.

Anyone know something about this location?

See posting #346, November 15. "Barrie, Comber, and Woodstock are all with their respective municipalities for approval."

Street view:
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/6119+ON-77,+Comber,+ON+N0P+1J0/@42.2369688,-82.5524436,3a,52.5y,115.27h,79.54t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sbkNUcMFl39g1vjbH3uWSTw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x883ab5fb1350da23:0x328236c0790d95d4!6m1!1e1

Or more likely closer to the highway where the Tim Hortons etc is:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.2379...!1e1!3m2!1sGQ1q-6OD2CQEycoIQEpBnQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

Last edited:
Kingston weekend update! Everything looks ready to go...except no sign of the step down transformer.

Have a look...btw, parking lot is getting pretty full on Friday nights.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Fun (?) statistics for you Canadian Supercharger-followers: in the past week Tesla has opened 3 Superchargers in the United States, 1 in China, and 11 in Europe. There are now 29 Superchargers in Norway and Sweden, and 38 in Germany and France. China has 33.

Canada: 3.

Let's hope it's more like 14 in Canada within a month or two. Hope has been waiting for a transformer for more than two months, it looks like Kamloops is done but waiting for a transformer, Canmore has started, Kingston looks to be pretty much done but waiting for a transformer, Montreal and Drummondville - no idea, we need an update!

Fun (?) statistics for you Canadian Supercharger-followers: in the past week Tesla has opened 3 Superchargers in the United States, 1 in China, and 11 in Europe. There are now 29 Superchargers in Norway and Sweden, and 38 in Germany and France. China has 33.

Canada: 3.

Let's hope it's more like 14 in Canada within a month or two. Hope has been waiting for a transformer for more than two months, it looks like Kamloops is done but waiting for a transformer, Canmore has started, Kingston looks to be pretty much done but waiting for a transformer, Montreal and Drummondville - no idea, we need an update!

That statistic is moderately annoying. Ok a lot annoying. We don't just need SC stations in the odd location here and there in Canada, we need the entire TransCanada wired up.... coast to coast...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again ktwntslafan. Love the updates.

Could you run an extension cord over there for the time being?

Thanks for all the updates and photos!

Is the concrete pad for the transformer done, over by the Tommy Hilfiger store?

No Sir...if you look at the last photo above, the pad should be where the large pile of dirt is. Not the best shot but the darkness of night comes early this time of year.

I did see a couple of PBW vehicles there on Friday. One large utility truck and a pick up. I saw this as a positive sign that things would get finalized next week.

- - - Updated - - -

That statistic is moderately annoying. Ok a lot annoying. We don't just need SC stations in the odd location here and there in Canada, we need the entire TransCanada wired up.... coast to coast...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again ktwntslafan. Love the updates.

Could you run an extension cord over there for the time being?

Would it defeat the purpose if we just hooked up a generator?

No Sir...if you look at the last photo above, the pad should be where the large pile of dirt is. Not the best shot but the darkness of night comes early this time of year.

I did see a couple of PBW vehicles there on Friday. One large utility truck and a pick up. I saw this as a positive sign that things would get finalized next week.

Thanks, looking promising! Just the transformer and its concrete pad and the gates on the fences and they'll be ready for commissioning. Now we cross our fingers that the utility is lined up to do their part right away!

Montreal new service center unpdate from today, new electrical tubes installed (no wire). The tubing seems to indicate a mix of superchargers (2 it seems, looks like 3 but they go in pairs, maybe one inside for service?) and 3 HPWC... Who knows... Time will tell, hopefully soon. Still no idea where the power would come from... I took a picture of the poles and wires from across the street, any idea ? Looks complicated to have a transformer there...

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

Montreal new service center unpdate from today, new electrical tubes installed (no wire). The tubing seems to indicate a mix of superchargers (2 it seems, looks like 3 but they go in pairs, maybe one inside for service?) and 3 HPWC... Who knows... Time will tell, hopefully soon. Still no idea where the power would come from... I took a picture of the poles and wires from across the street, any idea ? Looks complicated to have a transformer there...

View attachment 64258

The feed to a Supercharger pedestal is usually a 3" (76mm) conduit. Those conduits do not look that big, but it is hard to tell in the picture. I would guess that those conduits are for HPWC's.

Also there looks to be a 4th conduit behind the pile of sand.

The feed to a Supercharger pedestal is usually a 3" (76mm) conduit. Those conduits do not look that big, but it is hard to tell in the picture. I would guess that those conduits are for HPWC's.

There are also some sonotube conduits that are less visible (in blue) which we assume will be supercharger-related.

Then again, you know what they say about assuming...

- - - Updated - - -

I drove by yesterday and took some pictures (identical to yours).

My main concern about this new venue is parking... Unless there is space that I could not appreciate from the front, those charging spots comprise a significant percentage of the total available.

There is a gated lot next door, not sure who owns it.

The 3 conduits on the left are smaller than the one on the right, so I imagine the 3 are HPWC's and the larger one is for one Supercharger pedestal, with two more missing (based on the blue tubes on the right)... All speculation for now, lets see what we get this week.

Close up:

IMG_4930.JPG

***Kingston Update***

I just popped in about an hour ago. Fencing guys were finishing up, tearing down the chain link and putting up the last of the wooden fencing around the cabinets, and giving everything a pressure wash. They are totally done now. Install looks great to me, although this is the only one I have seen in person.

Signs say "TESLA Electric Vehicle Parking"

Transformer has been delivered but not yet installed (over by the side of Boston Pizza)

IMG_20141124_133419985.jpg
IMG_20141124_133503916.jpg
IMG_20141124_133519013_HDR.jpg
IMG_20141124_133127019.jpg