Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought there was a Supercharger near Woodstock before but now showing as gray to be installed end of 2017?
From the last two comments I am starting to wonder if different folks are seeing different maps. Here is what I see for Eastern Canada - blown up to 250% of original size (apologies to those who think Winnipeg is in eastern Canada). Woodstock and Cornwall are both in red. The one that I thought was in Brantford may actually be more like K-W - this is the one touching the Woodstock red SC. (edit - The only existing SC that is missing is Montreal - but it may just be obscured by all of the coming soon SCs)
eastern sc map.jpg

There is already one in Woodstock, ON. Maybe they mean it is getting more stalls.

Unless you mean Woodstock, NB which a lot of us are hoping for and was once projected for 2016, only to disappear from maps late last year.

The one in Ontario is the one I was looking at. Here's the map that I see from their site and clicking on the Woodstock supercharger says coming soon end of 2017. Maybe there's a glitch in their map data ... the whole tesla.com website seems to be slow today.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 4.13.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 4.13.18 PM.png
    668.1 KB · Views: 35
From the last two comments I am starting to wonder if different folks are seeing different maps. Here is what I see for Eastern Canada - blown up to 250% of original size (apologies to those who think Winnipeg is in eastern Canada). Woodstock and Cornwall are both in red. The one that I thought was in Brantford may actually be more like K-W - this is the one touching the Woodstock red SC. (edit - The only existing SC that is missing is Montreal - but it may just be obscured by all of the coming soon SCs)
View attachment 224264

I think the one near Brantford is near Cambridge which is right off the 401.

You are right - this is on the zoomable map that shows up once you click on the initial map. I was just going from the initial map - I didn't notice that you could click through and get more detail. And Cornwall has totally disappeared from this map!

But the good thing is that we see all of the detail - here are the locations of the 18 new SCs for Ontario (note that it looks like they put the dots on the Google Maps location for the city name so I wouldn't expect the actual SCs to be exactly where the current dots are):

(A second SC in Buffalo, not really in Canada but very close)
St Cath
Brampton
Mississauga
Hamilton
Cambridge
Downtown T.O.
Willowdale
Markham
Vaughan
Concord
Pickering
Owen Sound
Renfrew
Ottawa
Belleville
Sudbury
North Bay
Hawkesbury/Stardale/Vankleek Hill (I missed this one at first)

Last edited:
Drummondville is listed as getting a second SC. Does that make sense or is it likely an error? Even if they existing one is busy wouldn't it make sense to just add more units?

I think all the "coming soon" listings where there are already superchargers, Drummondville, Toronto and Woodstock, means the sites will be upgraded with more stalls (I may be wrong).

You might be right but I am betting that Toronto will see a new location to supplement Lawrence. I have used Woodstock a handful of times and the 8 chargers there seems more than sufficient until we see lots of Model 3s hit the road.

I'm hoping that the Lawrence location does something to expand as well. They're packed tight at times, and I can't see how that one site will be able to handle an increased volume of sales. They really need to relocate the Superchargers away from the Service Centre to stop the traffic jams that happen. I agree there's got to be another Supercharger put somewhere in the downtown core. There's a number of spots it could go, although with (lack of) traffic flow that's happening now due to the Yonge/York ramp closure it's going to be trouble for a while. I'd like to see one a bit west as well - somewhere east of the 427 and west of High Park.

Reactions: SSD420
I think all the "coming soon" listings where there are already superchargers, Drummondville, Toronto and Woodstock, means the sites will be upgraded with more stalls (I may be wrong).

I think you are right about expansion, at least in most places. In Drummondville, I think the transformer is 1,000 kVA, so it should be able to handle a few more stalls. If they didn't have expansion in mind in the 1st place, they could have gotten by with 750 kVA back in the day.

I do wonder how they'll get even half of the "2017" sites done, though.

Considering past history and that there are no known sites under construction in Eastern Canada, it seems like a bit of a stretch.

...before the busy summer travel season at that!! I hope they already started some of them and we just don't know about it yet.
Pointe-Claire surprised me a litte bit. I would have thought Vaudreuil would have been better given the number of converging highways. Then again it won't really matter with Vankleek Hill.

...on an unrelated note, I may have a ChaDeMo adapter for sale soon.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: hingisfan
You are right - this is on the zoomable map that shows up once you click on the initial map. I was just going from the initial map - I didn't notice that you could click through and get more detail. And Cornwall has totally disappeared from this map!

But the good thing is that we see all of the detail - here are the locations of the 18 new SCs for Ontario (note that it looks like they put the dots on the Google Maps location for the city name so I wouldn't expect the actual SCs to be exactly where the current dots are):

(A second SC in Buffalo, not really in Canada but very close)
St Cath
Brampton
Mississauga
Hamilton
Cambridge
Downtown T.O.
Willowdale
Markham
Vaughan
Concord
Pickering
Owen Sound
Renfrew
Ottawa
Belleville
Sudbury
North Bay
Hawkesbury/Stardale/Vankleek Hill (I missed this one at first)

Damn that's insane! All these new chargers in one year? Tesla put Brampton on the map <3. Love that St Catharines is getting one as well! Super handy as I make a trip there every week, won't have to stop in Grimsby anymore!

My guesses for a few:
Concord - That plaza with the hotel, McDonalds, and a few other restaurants on Highway 27 and Highway 7 (right off the 427).

Brampton - 410 and Steeles near/at the same plaza as the Costco/Walmart/HomeDepot and a bunch of restaurants and even a movie theatre!

St Catharines - Either Pen Centre or Fairview Mall area

Mississauga - Near Square One