Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can stop on the way at my HPWC near Orangeville. Many of the users tell me they couldn't do Owen Sound.

Plugshare: | Mono, ON | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Thats an extremely kind offer! I didn't know EV owners offered up their chargers like that across the plugshare site! That's actually a pretty neat feature!

Although I think in this case, because I only have the base 48amp charger, it might take too long and still would not make it (shows 195km each way from orangeville to Bruce Peninsula), in this case I'll have to pull out the old ICE. Hopefully all these chargers are actually up and running by year end, that would make things a lot easier!

We may soon hit 11 months without any new SpC construction in Eastern Canada.

Winter was the excuse for October-April. After that, could it be that work simply wasn't budgeted for the 2nd quarter? (Based on the assumption that they want good 2nd qtr numbers in advance of a cash-raise for Model 3 infrastructure). I am hoping this is the reason because it could mean the purse-strings opening July 1st for widespread ground-breaking on July 3rd.

Winter was the excuse for October-April. After that, could it be that work simply wasn't budgeted for the 2nd quarter? (Based on the assumption that they want good 2nd qtr numbers in advance of a cash-raise for Model 3 infrastructure). I am hoping this is the reason because it could mean the purse-strings opening July 1st for widespread ground-breaking on July 3rd.

So here we are half way through the year and the only new Supercharger anywhere close to being ready in Canada is on Vancouver Island!
I mean really?
Don't get me wrong, I love the island as I'm there every year and would look forward to a trip up island to Port Hardy to see friends if I had my car there of course. But c'mon Tesla, the Ottawa area and highway 7 between the metropolis of Toronto and our capital should be the utmost of priorities. I'm still betting no others will be built before next summer. I do hope I'm wrong though! Even the Supercharge.info page has nothing other than Nanaimo, not even permits and we know how many years it takes Tesla from permit stage to fruition.
Just mightily disappointed while chargers go up every day in the Excited States. Very maddening.

Reactions: wallstguy
So here we are half way through the year and the only new Supercharger anywhere close to being ready in Canada is on Vancouver Island!
I mean really?
Don't get me wrong, I love the island as I'm there every year and would look forward to a trip up island to Port Hardy to see friends if I had my car there of course. But c'mon Tesla, the Ottawa area and highway 7 between the metropolis of Toronto and our capital should be the utmost of priorities. I'm still betting no others will be built before next summer. I do hope I'm wrong though! Even the Supercharge.info page has nothing other than Nanaimo, not even permits and we know how many years it takes Tesla from permit stage to fruition.
Just mightily disappointed while chargers go up every day in the Excited States. Very maddening.

Is this a new bet? Or have you amended your previous bet that no superchargers will be built in Canada this year?

Also, if you can already get from Ottawa to Toronto on a SC network, why is there a need for an alternative at this stage? Surely connecting the dots in other places and expanding the overall range of the network should be the priority?

Is it that you just really really want an Ottawa supercharger?

Believe it when I see it. Saskatchewan doesn't even have anything reported as "coming soon". Only 1 supercharger coming soon in Winnipeg. Nothing for Maritimes. I'd be happy to be wrong about my skepticism.
Very true - Elon's tweet does not jive with their 2017 SC plans that were announced only a month or so ago. And they don't seem to have started any of those. Plus the gap between Sudbury and Calgary will require around 20 SCs.

But you can't always believe everything Elon tweets about. The web browser upgrade was supposed to be coming last December from an October tweet and that still hasn't happened.

Is this a new bet? Or have you amended your previous bet that no superchargers will be built in Canada this year?

Also, if you can already get from Ottawa to Toronto on a SC network, why is there a need for an alternative at this stage? Surely connecting the dots in other places and expanding the overall range of the network should be the priority?

Is it that you just really really want an Ottawa supercharger?

Problem is you can't do the trip with a same day return in the current structure. I've previously with my ICE have done "go in the morning" - "back by the evening" trips to Ottawa

Update for Lawrence:
Charger stalls 2A, 3A, and 1B are down and out of order.

2A and 3A have a "Coming soon" bag over them, 1A just doesn't output power. Confirmed by staff at Lawrence that it is also out.

Busiest supercharger station in Canada has 3/8 chargers out of order haha

Currently charging at stall 4B and only getting 32KW (160km/hr) charging rate with 50km worth of battery

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
New Supercharger in Levis? Crossing my fingers that this is true:
Club Tesla Québec
Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 4.27.30 PM.png

chademo is way slower isn't it?

My 2013 Tesla charges at 88kW peak, but often the average over a 40 minute session is 55kW.

CHAdeMO can average 40kW over a similar charge.

The difference is generally 10 minutes...so 50 minutes on CHAdeMO instead of 40.

Of course new Tesla can charge at 100kW peak, but it's not a certainty to get that rate.

CHAdeMO isn't slow, but it's slower than he best supercharging rates for sure. You decide.

Reactions: iKhalid and Jaff