Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see Quebec City !
Will we see Ottawa this year? Would be nice! So with Nanaimo and Qc. City under construction, we will be seeing some new SC's going up obviously but I doubt we will see all the ones they say will be built, at least this year.
It's a shame that these two won't be ready for the peak summer season.

So here we are half way through the year and the only new Supercharger anywhere close to being ready in Canada is on Vancouver Island!
I mean really?
Don't get me wrong, I love the island as I'm there every year and would look forward to a trip up island to Port Hardy to see friends if I had my car there of course. But c'mon Tesla, the Ottawa area and highway 7 between the metropolis of Toronto and our capital should be the utmost of priorities. I'm still betting no others will be built before next summer. I do hope I'm wrong though! Even the Supercharge.info page has nothing other than Nanaimo, not even permits and we know how many years it takes Tesla from permit stage to fruition.
Just mightily disappointed while chargers go up every day in the Excited States. Very maddening.
Even his softened prediction was incorrect.
I think Everytime he was offered a bet he never did.

Just checking in, Drone Flyer.

Just go through Smith Falls you can hit the Kingston sc, Hwy 7 isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. I would say one along the 417 in the east or west Ottawa, one along the 401 GTA while we're at it is also more important.
It's quicker to head to Ottawa on highway 7 thru Peterborough and then Tweed, Madoc etc then by driving the boring 401 to the 416 to get to Ottawa. Hwy 10 or 15 are certainly better routes than the 416. Smiths Falls on Hwy 7 would also be a good spot for a SC.

Best route to Ottawa is down the 401 to Kingston Supercharger, then head up Perth Road / County Road 10. It's a beautiful drive, takes the same amount of time as 416, and uses much less power.
Yeah but the 401 is boring! I agree Hwy 10 is beautiful but so is Hwy 7 east of Peterborough with all the lakes etc.
Going from Toronto to Ottawa via the 7 is quicker, and more picturesque than the 401 to Kingston, Whether we see a SC on 7 remains to be seen though, my opinion.

Yeah but the 401 is boring! I agree Hwy 10 is beautiful but so is Hwy 7 east of Peterborough with all the lakes etc.
Going from Toronto to Ottawa via the 7 is quicker, and more picturesque than the 401 to Kingston, Whether we see a SC on 7 remains to be seen though, my opinion.
There are 4 CHAdeMO/CCS stations in the vicinity of Peterborough for those who need a small top-up along that 400km route. You're really limiting yourself if you're waiting for full Supercharger coverage while a universal fast charge network gets rolled out in most of the good provinces. My time is too valuable waiting on L2 chargers or the SC rollout which you insist is not happening at any significant rate either.