Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah but the 401 is boring! I agree Hwy 10 is beautiful but so is Hwy 7 east of Peterborough with all the lakes etc.
Going from Toronto to Ottawa via the 7 is quicker, and more picturesque than the 401 to Kingston, Whether we see a SC on 7 remains to be seen though, my opinion.

I don't think Tesla is at the stage in Supercharger development to go back and beautify existing routes and provide more scenic options. 401 makes the most sense right now because it can serve Ottawa AND Quebec/Montreal traffic. It ain't pretty but function over form right now. Would be nice to see a SC in the Ottawa area though.

Reactions: RiverBrick
Hwy 7 in Madoc would be perfect for a SC between Toronto and Ottawa.

My family cottage is in Madoc. I emailed the Township of Madoc suggesting they host a Supercharger. I even recommended the kinda hidden parking lot behind the town square next to the river to ensure people walked through town while charging. I didn't get a reply.

Maybe now that year or so has passed, I should try again... along with any of you who care to pester them.

Township of Madoc - Contact Us

Reactions: Falkirk and mrElbe
Yeah but the 401 is boring! I agree Hwy 10 is beautiful but so is Hwy 7 east of Peterborough with all the lakes etc.
Going from Toronto to Ottawa via the 7 is quicker, and more picturesque than the 401 to Kingston, Whether we see a SC on 7 remains to be seen though, my opinion.

County Road 10 is one of the nicest routes in Ontario. Descending the hill going westbound through Perth is fairly breathtaking. Worth doing the 401 for part of the trip to see this.

Well, from Toronto to Ottawa through hwy 7 on a single charge is quite doable. I have just done it in May, 380KM with about 20% to spare on a 90D

I used to take Hwy 7 with my P85 before there were Superchargers. It was doable in summer, and Ottawa / Peterborough was possible with care in the winter. (The options for charging in Peterborough were a bit limited though.) My 100D could do 7 all the way to Toronto very easily.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
Tesla may have abandoned Woodstock for now - but this is HUGE news and part of a trend!!

NB Power and Irving Oil unveil first electric vehicle fast-charging station in New Brunswick

And:

"Good news for New Brunswick’s electric vehicle drivers: the province is going to have its own public charging network, the eCharge Network, which will be fully accessible to FLO network members.

The network will initially include a corridor of 10 fast-charging stations located at 65‑kilometre intervals along the Trans-Canada Highway, along with Level 2 charging stations set in partner municipalities.

Commissioning of the 10 fast-charging stations is scheduled for the end of July 2017."

Reactions: Jaff
Going to prince edward county in a couple weeks for a vacation with the family. Anybody seen anything going on in Belleville ? Is there a chance to supercharge near PEC this summer ?
Lol! Perhaps by next summer!
Tesla has apparently hired a Canadian team to expedite Canadian Supercharger construction but whether these SC's come into fruition this year is anybody's guess!

I believe wapoos brewery/winery has a destination charger. No superchargers yet.
I was at Waupoos for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and they have both a HPWC and a generic EV charger. I believe I got 80A from the HPWC. You could stop at their restaurant to eat and charge up, at least enough to get you back to Kingston or Pt Hope depending on which direction you are going next.

I am surprised that there isn't any under the radar SC construction going on in Eastern Canada. Someone found the almost completed Edmonton SC a few days ago, presumably if something was happening in the GTA then it would be spotted unless it is in a very low traffic location.