Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here we are, one day shy of the Ides of August and apart from Levis being under construction and Edmonton finally finished, there is absolutely no sign whatsoever of any more being built in Canada, not just eastern Canada.
In my opinion, anyone who thinks that all those new sites going up will be finished before the end of the year is delusional!
Personally, I believe that's it for the year. period! Tesla's excuse now will be that the ground is soon to be frozen and we can't dig now until next May!

I think you are bring overly pessimistic but I do think that we will only see a small fraction of the SCs listed on the 2017 map. There area lot in a small region in the GTA so assuming that they had all permits and had a team they could get through the bulk of them before winter sets in. There are enough Tesla owners in the GTA that surely someone will spot sites once they are under construction.

So here we are, one day shy of the Ides of August and apart from Levis being under construction and Edmonton finally finished, there is absolutely no sign whatsoever of any more being built in Canada, not just eastern Canada.
In my opinion, anyone who thinks that all those new sites going up will be finished before the end of the year is delusional!
Personally, I believe that's it for the year. period! Tesla's excuse now will be that the ground is soon to be frozen and we can't dig now until next May!

Period! Apart from Brossard, QC.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: fsch and doubeld
Both Parry Sound and Huntsville appeared late in the season last year (and on short notice), so I'm not giving up hope just yet. I'd like to see Cambridge and Mississauga (Meadowvale) come online this year (for selfish reasons). If Belleville, Northbay and Pointe Claire happen to make it into 2017, then so much the better. :)

Reactions: Jaff
The "coming soon" map has always been wishful thinking. Most of the grey dots remain grey for a couple of years.

Things looked like they were picking up a bit last year, and then Elon started talking about a massive buildout, but that doesn't apply to us. He's mostly talking about expanding existing sites.

The "coming soon" map has always been wishful thinking. Most of the grey dots remain grey for a couple of years.

Things looked like they were picking up a bit last year, and then Elon started talking about a massive buildout, but that doesn't apply to us. He's mostly talking about expanding existing sites.

I am ok with waiting a bit - remember they are working on the next generation of SC's which will have significant advantages. Things are hugely better now then 2 years ago. The CHAdeMO installs in NB and eventually in NS will be very significant in the Maritimes and the initiatives that other provinces have taken are very important. Gas Stations did not all go up in 2 years either. It makes sense for Tesla to focus their resources and do the build out in a cost effective manner based on population and routes most taken. There are alternatives.... and I have driven from South Florida to the Maritimes and back 5 times starting 2.5 years ago. The situation now is vastly better. A bit of patience is appropriate.

I am ok with waiting a bit - remember they are working on the next generation of SC's which will have significant advantages. Things are hugely better now then 2 years ago. The CHAdeMO installs in NB and eventually in NS will be very significant in the Maritimes and the initiatives that other provinces have taken are very important. Gas Stations did not all go up in 2 years either. It makes sense for Tesla to focus their resources and do the build out in a cost effective manner based on population and routes most taken. There are alternatives.... and I have driven from South Florida to the Maritimes and back 5 times starting 2.5 years ago. The situation now is vastly better. A bit of patience is appropriate.
I agree. I was very ticked at Tesla when the Woodstock, NB Supercharger was not only not built, but removed from their list altogether. Now that the Chademo's are going in there is much less urgency. But that little "truth stretching" cost them a Model 3 sale though, because I bought a Volt instead of waiting, because one of the reasons I bought my Model S back in spring 2015 was in expectation of that Supercharger. There is a big risk of betraying your customers; especially with a lot of new Model 3 owners who are about to buy expecting a real Supercharger build out, and not the truth stretching on this topic we oldies have come to expect.

Reactions: Falkirk
True that looks good. But what about the one in Hamilton? Or Toronto? Or Cambridge? Or Richmond Hill? Or Pickering? Or Mississauga? Or the other one in Mississauga? Or Markham? Or Concord? ...
Or more importantly, Ottawa! It doesn't have any and one would be good and badly needed. Toronto really doesn't need anymore, at least until after the build up elsewhere is complete.
The fact that Montreal has two existing ones five minutes apart is ridiculous. I know, the SC location on Ferrier only has two stalls, but still!

Or more importantly, Ottawa! It doesn't have any and one would be good and badly needed. Toronto really doesn't need anymore, at least until after the build up elsewhere is complete.
Toronto needs a second one before you need one in Ottawa. More people living in apartments and condos, far more through traffic vs Ottawa, GTA is 7x the population of Ottawa, existing SC is bursting at the seams..

The fact that Montreal has two existing ones five minutes apart is ridiculous. I know, the SC location on Ferrier only has two stalls, but still!
The Montreal SpC is worthless and probably shouldn't be counted on, so they definitely needed that 2nd St Laurence SpC. Same with Toronto, the Lawrence SpC is better than the Montreal one, but it's still mostly over-used and competing with Service. A 2nd Toronto SpC would be nice, but for me Ottawa is just as important.