Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My money is on a certain retired former utility exec in the Cambridge area knowing something we don't...

Yep.

I have no idea, but if I were a betting man, I would say in the Cambridge Smart Centre (HWY 24 & 401). It's right off the highway and surrounded by tons of stores/restaurants. Reminds me a little of the Kingston SC.

That is correct.

Elon Musk on Twitter

1. Suburban Legend‏ @SU3UR3ANLegend Aug 27

@elonmusk Contrary to popular belief, North Dakota is not actually a myth! How bout showing us some supercharger love soon?
    1f609.png
    1f50b.png
    2764.png

DIQzQB8UIAAxTgk.jpg

12 replies319 retweets871 likes
Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Replying to @SU3UR3ANLegend
Sorry! Coming next year, along with completing the Trans-Canada Highway and interconnecting US, Mexico and Central America.

1:25 PM - 27 Aug 2017
81 replies190 retweets2,791 likes

Elon Musk on Twitter: Sorry! Coming next year, along with completing the Trans-Canada Highway and interconnecting US, Mexico and Central America.
Weren't some or all of these on the 2016 list? And what about the (by my count) 17 SCs in Ontario that still say coming in 2017? Are they now moved to 2018?

Here is the coming soon list:
Belleville
Cambridge
Concord
Hamilton
Markham
Mississauga
Mississauga - Meadowvale
North Bay
North York
Ottawa
Owen Sound
Pickering
Renfrew
Stardale/Hawkesbury
Sudbury
Toronto
Vaughan

Good find - it shows the T-Can fully up and running. But I am getting more skeptical as they announced a ton of SCs for 2017 back in the spring and there has been very little progress on them, at least here in Eastern Canada.

310km from Truro, NS to Sydney, NS.
353km from Sydney, NS to Charlottetown, PE (via the ferry).
912km from Chanel-Port aux Basques, NL to Logy Bay, NL.
2657 km from Macdonalad, MB to Prince Rupert, BC.

I wouldn't call that "fully".

We wouldn't any way easily have been able to take our July vacation (NS and PE) in a Model 3, despite the additional planned Superchargers in ME, NB and NS.

The point is that once these are up and running you will be able to get across the country - I would say the only exception is really NL. You could make it from Truro to Sydney. The route from MB to BC that you mention is an alternate northern route for the Trans Canada with far fewer large cities, with the exception of S'toon and Edm.

Reactions: Jaff
Good find - it shows the T-Can fully up and running. But I am getting more skeptical as they announced a ton of SCs for 2017 back in the spring and there has been very little progress on them, at least here in Eastern Canada.

It's a great signal of intention, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it complete.

But actual construction has been slow in coming, and so, I'm a little skeptical about the timing. :) I know... Tesla never misses deadlines. :)

Reactions: e-FTW
310km from Truro, NS to Sydney, NS.
353km from Sydney, NS to Charlottetown, PE (via the ferry).
912km from Chanel-Port aux Basques, NL to Logy Bay, NL.
2657 km from Macdonalad, MB to Prince Rupert, BC.

I wouldn't call that "fully".

We wouldn't any way easily have been able to take our July vacation (NS and PE) in a Model 3, despite the additional planned Superchargers in ME, NB and NS.
Don't forget the route through Kapuskasing!

Seriously though the highway to Rupert is not commonly considered to be the "Trans-Canada Highway."

Wow, that's a massive expansion on previous targets.

The only thing is, there's a large number of Superchargers "by the end of 2017" that haven't appeared. In fact most of the 2017 Superchargers have not appeared. Yeah it's a "target", but when you've barely made a dent in the list and there's a little over three months left...

Ottawa still shows a 2017 target, but they've now added a 2018 Gatineau Supercharger.

If they actually ever build this network, it will be awesome.